Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My L046 FRIES ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Man ! what a " National Day surprise " !. I was up early on Friday morning (abt 6.00am )coz' need to do marketing for " family get together dinner ". So before stepping out of the door, I went to my L046 Zebra Breeding tank to have a peep. It's still dark in my balcony so I used my small torch to check if all systems and the Dwarf Farlowella fries are A O K !( the pair in the Zebra Breeding tank that bred a couple of weeks ago !). Saw something on the rear glass panel of the tank that doesn't look like a dwarf farlowella fry. To my Surprise ! it was a " BABY L046 ! ! ! ! ! " an exact replica of the parent ! damn cute ! [] man ! I was freak out ! and far out !. I directed the torch to those " breeding pvc tubings " and saw some more babies at the end of the tubings ! I counted 5 ! [] think there are some ! probably hiding in the drift woods and neutral rocks !. After all these years of fish keeping especially Plecos ! this is probably the best surprise I ever had ! [].
    [] [] cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Congrats, Akoh!!!
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    congrats man!! this is quite exciting...[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Nice Akoh!
    Fancy sending me some through the mail? England isnt that far away..haha!
    What size tank is it?
    James[]
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 8/12/2002 10:11:30 AM

Nice Akoh!
    Fancy sending me some through the mail? England isnt that far away..haha!
    What size tank is it?
    James[]
    ----------------
    James ! when the tank is overcrowded with L046, I'll send you some ! []. The L046 breeding tank is 4'x2'x2', cheer man ! []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    woohoo ALlen
    next national day you should let the babies drink newater

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah, must be something to do with NEWATER! they came out just in time to try it![]

CONGRATS!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Allen! Welcome to L046 breeding line!!! Hey must be careful now. Need to control the water as original as possible to the keep the baby in ease. Mind u they are extremly sensitive to white spot. I have some very bad exprience in this. Change your water in min amount but change frequency. This will help them grow faster.[] For feed the baby.....I think u r better than me[] [] . Good luck!!! and happy L046 nannying!!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 8/12/2002 11:25:09 AM

Allen! Welcome to L046 breeding line!!! Hey must be careful now. Need to control the water as original as possible to the keep the baby in ease. Mind u they are extremly sensitive to white spot. I have some very bad exprience in this. Change your water in min amount but change frequency. This will help them grow faster.[] For feed the baby.....I think u r better than me[] [] . Good luck!!! and happy L046 nannying!!!!
    ----------------
    Kun ! Thks for the pointers !. I usually do a wkly 25% partial water-change in order to maintain "water quality" guess that helps my Zebras to get into the mood for Luv !. [].Moreover I also attached a Dulpa T-control to the tank to maintain the temp. to 28 to 29 C, guess that helps too huh !. Anyway Thks.

Flor ! lsz ! , next water-change I'll use NEWATER ! who know ! it may speed up the growth rate ! cheoooong ah ! , Thks.

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Hail the undisputed PlecoKing!!! It is indeed a good news for all local pleco enthusiats. Allen, imagine that you can control the price now- give QianHu/ Petmart/ C328/ Ah Chun a run for their $. Remember how ex we got the Zebras from them? Now, if any new plecomaniac wants a Zebra, he should not pay more than $45 ea for our memebers (Gan @ Neo Tiew or PlecoHut @ Joo Seng or Kunner@ where?)- another plus point for this forum. Will you consider conducting a public lecture at our clubhouse for beginers an start a group of Imperial Zebra breeders in the forum?
    Have I done my water change?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Allen,that`s great man.congrats.[] []
    When my fishes are happy, I'm happy.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Allen, look like u have been waiting for this moment for years and all your baran baran brought previous is all come into use.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wah akoh, ur tank crowded or not? my tank got space leh. heehee..........

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Ppl !, Guess the next difficult task is bringing up these Juv. Zebra ( they're are about 12mm in length ), Cheers []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    congrats allen.ur best ever national day gift for u....

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Congrats!!! I got suggestion, put on your mask and snorkles and dip your head in and snap pictures!!!!![]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wow.. congrats..
    got pics to show the babies L046..

First thing first. Pictures pictures pictures!!!

Next thing, isn't L046 the pleco that is black and white like a zebra that is now on sale at Gan? Cause if they are, awesome man akoh!! Whatever pleco it is, please do be good at it so you can share with us how you did it and perhaps make it more famous in Singapore. Ole!!! Father of the Singaporean Pleco.
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wow... congrats akoh.. u must be a very happy "father" now.. []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 8/13/2002 12:00:36 AM

First thing first. Pictures pictures pictures!!!

Next thing, isn't L046 the pleco that is black and white like a zebra that is now on sale at Gan? Cause if they are, awesome man akoh!! Whatever pleco it is, please do be good at it so you can share with us how you did it and perhaps make it more famous in Singapore. Ole!!! Father of the Singaporean Pleco.

----------------
    guys ! sorry no picture coz' don't own a D/Camera, any volunteer ? good chance to see plecos tank and L046 Zebra breeding tank set-up !.[]
    Spilopterus ! yes it's the L046 Zebra pleco. Well ! really hope ( keeping my toes and fingers Xed ) that I'm successful in breeding and caring for the fries - " Bred in captivity " [] []
    Hoppinghippo ! toooo bad ! it's a 4'tank !. I'll gear up if it is a 8' tank ! man ! just imagine no " bottom time " can stay hrs taking U/water pictures of Zebra []
    Ppl ! I have good and bad news, the good news is ( hope I'm right ) found some zebra eggs ( abt 5 to 6 pcs ) inside another PVC tubing ! [:0] []. The bad news is while cleaning up the tank last evening, I found 1 dead baby zebra and my 3 pcs of baby dwarf farlowella is no where in sight ! think the adult zebra must have have them for lunch or dinner ! . Man ! hope they're hiding somewhere in the drift wood ! cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast