4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    And why would you think prying your filter head cover section (whether it be eheim or not) would result in anything good when there is still one screw attached to it??? that is a funny way of thought...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Found out the problem to my spoilt Eheim 2028 was that the impeller was spoilt, had 2 cracks along the side of the magnet. bought a second hand jebao for $25 in the meantime, but got the replacement part for $35..haha

I still prefer Eheim though, coz when I was priming the Jebao some water leaked out through the top. Also the Jebao kept stopping on it's own throughout the few days i used it. Eheim still more reliable to me, despite the impeller problem

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Well.. nobody said eheim filters dont spoil.. every filter spoils.. every filter has its own problems.. just that with eheim... chances are that they would last longer and parts would be easier to find. This of course is a personal opinion...there will of course be cheaper functioning filters out there that liken themselves to it..but i wouldn't trust my entire school of expensive fishes (l46, l173, tucano tetras etc.) to these filters.. the reliability is just not there to me.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I also have the flow rate problems (40-50&#37... started having it since 2 week into use, changed the filter media also didn't help. Some Eheim staff advised me to trim my pipes etc, and it didn't solve the problem.

What is strange is, last month when I replace the media, I managed to get the rate to 75%. And this month when I replace the media, I could only get it to 50%....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Maybe you should change the flowrate indicator and see if it's better. BTW I've seen the flowrate indicator being sold at NA.
    Admiring my Fishes calm the Beast within me

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    by the way,anyone have problem with loose impeller cover, that is causing buzzing sound?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Buzzing? Remove it and replace carefully, inspect if the impeller is intact. Could have unravelled. Happened once to my ecco. [twice actually!]

My 2028 stopped leaking after the gasket was replaced. [it leaked every time the power was cut]
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The buzzing sound went away and so did the water flow!! Removing the cover and replacing it back carefully solve the sound issue but create another.

I am using a 2026 which is "fresh" out from the box...having a headache with it now

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Let it run for a day, if it's a very strong noise I'd take it back to the shop. If it's an occasional chopping of bubbles sound it's ok.

Do check if you're using Surface skimmer. Those is suck in too much air can make a lot of noise.
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the advise. I am not using any surface skimmer on the 2026. Will try to start the filter again as it is sitting in one corner now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345