Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Fertiliser in vivarium?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I plan to set up a vivarium, but have a few questions to ask...

Plants that grow on the land area, do they need any base fertiliser..?? What about dosing of regular liquid fertiliser, is it necessary..?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've found it unecessary in past vivariums that I've kept(that's what actually got me into planted aquariums). All I did was mist down the enclosure, or changed the water. I guess you could mix up a bottle of liquid fert and water to spray in the enclosure if you wanted to.
    Call me Brian.

P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If you are keeping frogs in the tank, it is better not to mist with fertilizers. A beter way is to use the water from your fish tanks. Or use root monster (the cone ones to prevent your frog from accidentally swallowing) when laying the substrate.
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...