Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi fellows,

Anyone keep rays here?

Can share wht kind of food do you feed your rays[:]

Thks in advance

Feedback Score
    heard that some pple feed market prawn....

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    meling! Where u got your ray from and how much u pay for? Heard that they do eat frozen blood worm and beef heart. [:]

Feedback Score
    Got it from a friend who sold me for $50 he paid $100 for it is a tiger stingray. As he found that he got not enough space for it to rest, all rocks and stones in his tanks

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    saltwater or freshwater?? for SW, i used to handfeed it with prawns and squid...[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    what species of ray you keep?

they go nuts over crustacean eh prawn (live or dead)
    mine used to take clam meat also, but later i decided not to coz dunno clean or not

they are also pretty good hunters although they look stupid
    i had seen mine catch fish and small frogs and slurp into the mouth
    cute, but grows very big..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 8/14/2002 10:34:34 AM

Got it from a friend who sold me for $50 he paid $100 for it is a tiger stingray. As he found that he got not enough space for it to rest, all rocks and stones in his tanks
    ----------------
    What a good buy u have!!![:0] Tiger stingray is a very beautiful was a bully of their own. U have only one so no problem lah![:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Just saw Rainbow has a 5"(diameter) fella this morning.
    Work Whenever, Fish Forever.

Feedback Score
    issac u so free har?go for a ride wif u loh.chris and i always free...[]

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    No lah, not all the time. Just happen to be at a customer's office near there in the morning, so just dropped by after the meeting.

But no prob, you and chris always welcome to join me on any fish hunting trips.
    Work Whenever, Fish Forever.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    merlin, they'll eat whatever that stays on the bottom as long as they can reach it. prawns will do fine. just as worms will. i guess u have a potamotrygon species but then again there's the asian himantura species.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    K&K at Tampines has a few species of stingray. Drop by for a look. Don't ask me wat species as I know nothing about them but I saw 3 different species there.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Merlin, I presume you're taking about Freshwater ray when I answer: I am keeping a Potamotrygon Henlei (Black Ray with white spot)which is classified as Big Eye Ray together with Tiger Ray. These are less choosy eaters as I feed it initially with Live tubifex worms (it simply love tubifex)for first week and subsequently trained it to take fresh water prawn, frozen bloodworms and chopped shrimp/ fish meat and even sinking pallets. Small eye rays are more choosy when it comes to food- all live only. With the price you paid for, I believe that you've got a china ray antenna ray which comes under small eye. If you see your pet spitting and swallowing repeatedly, it is too big for it to swallow. Before I go, Rays are perpetual feeder- they will always search the tank for food even when I feed them three times daily.
    Have I done my water change?

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/14/2002 8:20:17 PM

merlin, they'll eat whatever that stays on the bottom as long as they can reach it. prawns will do fine. just as worms will. i guess u have a potamotrygon species but then again there's the asian himantura species.
    ----------------
    ok great

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/16/2002 11:47:38 AM

Merlin, I presume you're taking about Freshwater ray when I answer: I am keeping a Potamotrygon Henlei (Black Ray with white spot)which is classified as Big Eye Ray together with Tiger Ray. These are less choosy eaters as I feed it initially with Live tubifex worms (it simply love tubifex)for first week and subsequently trained it to take fresh water prawn, frozen bloodworms and chopped shrimp/ fish meat and even sinking pallets. Small eye rays are more choosy when it comes to food- all live only. With the price you paid for, I believe that you've got a china ray antenna ray which comes under small eye. If you see your pet spitting and swallowing repeatedly, it is too big for it to swallow. Before I go, Rays are perpetual feeder- they will always search the tank for food even when I feed them three times daily.
    ----------------

Thanks man great info.

Feedback Score
    hey.. any bro out there wanna give up "ray keeping" , i'm interested to buy or even adopt.. got a 3ft tank? big enough?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    3 ft not enough

you need a long and shallow tank
    width minimum 2ft
    lenght at least 4ft

i had seen a few specimens of freshwater rays the size of dustbin covers. (motoro, tiger )