Country
    England

Final List. Please Aprove..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello[]
    I have the final list of fish/inverts i would like in my tank. Please comment..

Some Grape Algae
    1 Dwarf Lionfish
    1 fire clown aka red saddleback clown
    1 Coral Beauty
    1 serpent/brittle starfish
    5 dwarf blue hermits
    5 turbo snails

Does that sound okay to everyone?
    Also, is there any chance i could get a Long Tenticled Anenome/Macrodactyla doreensis? Current lighting is only 6500k, but the height of the tank is only 14 inches, but i also have a DSB of 5 inches..so that makes it 9 inches..
    The reason i ask is because they are cheap enough, and my fire clown would probably host in it..
    Thanks for the replies.
    James[]
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Some Grape Algae
    1 Dwarf Lionfish
    1 fire clown aka red saddleback clown
    1 Coral Beauty
    1 serpent/brittle starfish
    5 dwarf blue hermits
    5 turbo snails

Does that sound okay to everyone?
    Also, is there any chance i could get a Long Tenticled Anenome/Macrodactyla doreensis? Current lighting is only 6500k, but the height of the tank is only 14 inches, but i also have a DSB of 5 inches..so that makes it 9 inches..
    The reason i ask is because they are cheap enough, and my fire clown would probably host in it..
    Thanks for the replies.
    James[]
    ----------------
    all the fishes are fine.. just remember the size.. due to the lionfish.. if u want to keep an anemone.. and within your budget, u can try.. but normally i dun advise coz the lionfish spikes can injure the anemone.. but the requirements is just fine.... so, now, it is your decision whether to keep the anemone..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Kelvin, thanks for your reply.
    The lionfish will be abt 3", and so will the rest of the fish..so shouldnt be any problems there.
    Okay, so its all down to the anenome..
    So, the anenome..your only worry is the lionfish's spikes injuring it? Well, i could always give it a try, as they are very beautiful and cheap enough...
    Ok, will ask a few questions on Anenome now..plz try to answer[]

What should i feed these anenomes?
    Will my clownfish host with it?
    Do they move ard on their own?
    And last question, when i buy my anenome, how should i introduce it to the tank?

Thanks again Kelvin, your help is very much needed and appreciated.
    Mez

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    mez, do u have a pic of the anemone?i wanna see,maybe i get one too.
    i only know one of mine is a sand anemone, other 3 i dunno.

1)Feeding: small pieces of market shelled prawns(NTUC sell a pack $2 small shrimp).It is written every10-14days but i feed 4 of mine every other day or every 3days(they only have a one way in same way out stomach)
    2)Clown: depends on the clown's decision,sometimes it does,sometimes it doesn't.
    3) it will move around, just make sure all powerheads have strainer on them. It will settle down in a spot its comfortable in but still move periodicly.two of mine still moving after nearly 3mths & clown moves with it.
    4)just intro them as u would to any invertebrate,keep adding a little of your tank water to the bag every 30mins till full,then u can release it.

my 2 cents:i find that macro algae produces abt 1-2mm daily growth under FL plant lights,in a range of 7200k-7500k

kelvin,heard a lot abt carpet,good growth rate on heavy feedings?.How? i thinkin of keeping one to see.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hahah.. brandon.. mez, aka james is based in UK... he dun know what NTUC is.. hahaha.. those anemones that he mentioned are bubble-tip..

carpet are fine.. and yes.. they do grow fast with optimum water conditions.. but try to limite their feeding.. to one shrimp per 10 days.. they can survive..

James, u can try feeding them with mussels, squid, shrimps or prawns... duration is abt 10-14 days once.. but best is brine shrimps.. squirt some of them near the tenacles so that it will attempt to catch the food and watch it bring to its mouth.. very interesting...

the red saddleback clown that u mentioned will take up host in the bubble-tip eventually.. but mind u.. during the process, the clownfish is coating itself with the mucus of the anemone so that the anemone will not identify the fish as food and in the process, some clownfishes are injured and i lost one clownfish to an anemone b4.. therefore, there is a risk involved.. also.. sometimes, the fish dun really like the anemone and refuse to go to it.. depends on your fish mood...

yes.. the anemone will move abt and find a location that will suit its requirements.. (strong lightings, with sufficient current flowing towards it..) and if your fish is happy with its home.. it will move with its host..... just like what bawater had mentioned....

follow the instructions of bawater.. open it and intro some tank water into the bag slowly..to get it acclimatised with the water parameters.. after 15-30 mins.. u can slowly let it out.. and place it on the rocks.. and pls.. if u have powerhead inside the tank.. pls make sure that the inlet of the powerhead is inaccessible to the anemone.. i had the "luck" of coming home in the morning to find my tank filled with anemone puree... [] .. when such thing happens, pls change water immediately.. coz when anemone dies.. they will pollute the water very fast..

when selecting anemone.. go for those that are fully bloomed tenacles.. and have the basker disc well secured on the glass or rock.. if possible, if the anemone is on the rock.. purchase the rock as well.. never buy those anemones that are floating abt.. chances are.. they are dying.. and look out for those that are whitish or pale.. those too, are dying..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Thanks for the reply guys![]
    The anenome i meant was an Atlantic Pink Tip Anenome...but i think i got the sci. name wrong..i just copy and pasted from someone else.haha..
    Yeah, feeding i know wat you mean abt the syringe thing...i do that with my tube anenome.
    Thanks for the info!
    Mez[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    no prob.. glad to be of help.. any prob.. just post.. [] but i hope that u will not post anymore.. coz that would mean that your tank and its inhabitants are doing just fine.. [] but that will render me jobless[] ......hehehehe