Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    benetay, u mean two ends type???
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    At last someone managed to DIY those MH lights setup. Been waiting for this for a long time. Your lighting setup looks pro. Didn't want to pay a premium for MH lights when I setup my first Reef setup a few months back coz spent a lot on the tank/chiller.Currently using PL.

Anyway I will setup one but need more info where to get and what brand of e-ballast u got from Jeffrey.Any idea price for a 10k bulb? Once done on my reef, I will upgrade ALL my planted tank setup to MH and lelong my PL lights.

Did show your tank pics to wife, she not too happy about it coz need to drill wall, but as usual will do it nicely - sure quite one later. He..he...he....

ya doubled ended kinds. olso called HQI
    HQIs r more power in terms or watt to watt compairison n put out more PAR then screw ons,olso called mogul based.
    bad thing abt HQI is cant find any 6500k for planted tanks
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

setiardi
    10k bulb can get blv from reefworld, acardia from petmart, aqualine from aquamart.
    blv-$130
    acardia-dunno
    aqualine-$150-170
    jeff dosent know if the supplier carries 10ks or not.....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    HQI totally no 6500k blubs? was thinking of a change...maybe get something more whiteish not so yellowish the current bulb is 6000k ones.
    Cheers!

Benetay

my fren checked wif most of the companies liao...iwasaki,blv,etc....all say nope.the osram powerstar tt alot of ppl using is 5500k.i dunno if got 6000k+ or not.i only know the HQIs r gd for the high kelvins. 10k-20k

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i dun think using 10k blubs for planted will be good...comments?
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Spiff and benetay,

Iwasaki do have 6500K DE MH bulbs but only in 150W. Check out the attached catalogue. Got it from Bernard.

Setiardi,

The brand of the e-ballast is TRM or TPM. Cant really see the brand clearly. Iwasaki recommends certain ballasts so as to allow the lamps to operate at its optimum. Luckily mine works, or else I have to give up changing the bulbs. Iwasaki e-ballast costs more than $100. Imagine getting 4 excluding the bulbs [].

Feedback Score
    kingpin, thanks for sharing. this is exciting for me as i have been looking for MH lights. who's Jeffrey that provide you the e-ballast? where else can i get the same ballast?

thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wee,

Will try to find out from Jeffrey whether he still can get those e-ballasts.

Feedback Score
    I remember Jeffrey told me b4 that he got those ballast from his renovation contractor (while renovating his workplace)...

China Electric (in Kelantan lane) also sell MH Light ballast fixture together with ignitor/capacitor, all concealed in a steel box, plug & play type, just need to connect the +/- wire into it. I think costs around S$55 plus. But the e-ballas type, that's why cheaper by half.

Kingpin is correct, e-ballast are selling at least above S$100 per piece. But of course, the advantage is less bulky and less heat generated.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup jw,

He got those e-ballasts from his renovation contractor. But he bought in bulk, thats why can buy at such a price.

Just to add on, e-ballast also reduce flickering, prolonging the lifespan of the bulb.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/15/2002 2:34:33 AM

Wee,

Will try to find out from Jeffrey whether he still can get those e-ballasts.
    ----------------
    thanks. let me know if it's positive...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12