Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Recent Photos

RE: Recent Photos

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

taken a few recent photos of my tank, feel free to comment!

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Impressive!
    I didn't know marine tanks require so much "life support systems"!
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    nice tank u got, impressive equipments too.. is that yr chiller hidden below the cabinet?

Feedback Score
    Wow!!!!!Very nice tank and well setup!!!!!Good combination of corals and fishes......

wa cedric very pack n nice....long time no go so diff liaoz
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Wah..nice nice .... Must go your house take 1st hand look at the tank manz.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    impressive!!!!... nice setup... cedric.. perhaps u can give a talk on what equipments are there in your fitration system and what the CO2 system is for... i figured taht the electrical parts are DIY???

mind.. the look blow my mind off.... keep it up.. and post it on the forumer's tank..

when i setup my tank.. can i ask you for help?? hehehehe[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/14/2002 4:13:08 PM

Hi,

taken a few recent photos of my tank, feel free to comment!
    ----------------
    Beautiful tank you've got Ced. Looks like you're running a double calcium reactor and a denitrator? Any feedback on the denitrator? Is it easy to use? Easy to adjust the input?

Hi everyone!

many thanks for your positive comments!!!

To those who had quired regarding the tank; yes, that is indeed my chiller which I stripped and hidden at the bottom of the cabinet. And yes, I DIY most of the electrical component of the system including the MHs, FLs and PL, etc. Come to think of it... almost everything...

Some of the stuff I'm using includes:

1. 2 x 150w MH 10K
    2. 2 x 30w Actinic FL
    3. 1 x 9w PL (moonlight)
    4. 2 x Aquamedic Calcium Reactor (in series)
    5. 1 x Aquamedic Denitrator
    6. 1 x Tunze 220 Protein Skimmer
    7. Return Pump: 4850 l/hr
    8. Chiller Pump: 1300l/hr
    9. Dedicated reactors feed pump: 800 l/hr
    10. 2 x Circulation pump 1600 l/hr (inside tank)
    11. pH Controller
    12. Solenoid
    13. 6 in 1 cooling fan (for tank)
    14. 1 AC fan (for cabinet)
    15. Chiller

The denitrator is very good for reducing the nitrates. Mine kept hovering at 100+. I gave up trying the natural way and opted for the "unnatural" way. Onli problem was it needs a high pressure dedicated pump to ensure constant flow rate. I use a tee-off from my chiller line previously and it always needs adjustment. Now its tune and forget!

I belong to the old school for filtration. I have a sump tank with bio-balls, protein skimmer, denitrator, 3" sandbed and plentiful liferocks.

The CO2 is needed to feed the CA reactor. I have a pH controller with solenoid to controll the CO2 in the unlikely event that pH in my tank crashes. Tank pH hovers between 8.14 ~ 8.28

Anything else you might want to know? I'll be glad to share!

And yes I'll love to help you kelstorm but I think you're pretty good yourself

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Very professional looking. Mind giving me yr email address so that I can seek some advise from u when need be. Thanks.

[email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    To those who had quired regarding the tank; yes, that is indeed my chiller which I stripped and hidden at the bottom of the cabinet. And yes, I DIY most of the electrical component of the system including the MHs, FLs and PL, etc. Come to think of it... almost everything...

Some of the stuff I'm using includes:

1. 2 x 150w MH 10K
    2. 2 x 30w Actinic FL
    3. 1 x 9w PL (moonlight)
    4. 2 x Aquamedic Calcium Reactor (in series)
    5. 1 x Aquamedic Denitrator
    6. 1 x Tunze 220 Protein Skimmer
    7. Return Pump: 4850 l/hr
    8. Chiller Pump: 1300l/hr
    9. Dedicated reactors feed pump: 800 l/hr
    10. 2 x Circulation pump 1600 l/hr (inside tank)
    11. pH Controller
    12. Solenoid
    13. 6 in 1 cooling fan (for tank)
    14. 1 AC fan (for cabinet)
    15. Chiller

The denitrator is very good for reducing the nitrates. Mine kept hovering at 100+. I gave up trying the natural way and opted for the "unnatural" way. Onli problem was it needs a high pressure dedicated pump to ensure constant flow rate. I use a tee-off from my chiller line previously and it always needs adjustment. Now its tune and forget!

I belong to the old school for filtration. I have a sump tank with bio-balls, protein skimmer, denitrator, 3" sandbed and plentiful liferocks.

The CO2 is needed to feed the CA reactor. I have a pH controller with solenoid to controll the CO2 in the unlikely event that pH in my tank crashes. Tank pH hovers between 8.14 ~ 8.28

Anything else you might want to know? I'll be glad to share!

And yes I'll love to help you kelstorm but I think you're pretty good yourself
    ----------------
    well.. as u know, me not really a hard coral person..and thus i doubt i need those CA reactor and CO2 system... and was talking to spiff last night abt my 6ft divider tank for my new house.. (now, still on drawing board.. no money and house yet.. ) likewise, me belong to old school of filtration methods.. but i have never used a denitrator b4.. is it DIY??? also.. being hopeless in electrical stuff, i usually buy stuff that can simply plug and play.. if u know what i mean.. and now my tank looks like a xmas tree with all the little gadgets.. would love to have everything hidden.. hehehe.. will contact u again when everything is falling into place.. need help on DIY stuff.. hahaha.. from the last conversation we had, u are really into that.. thanks in advance.. oh yes.. spiff, u are in the list too.. hahaha.. (better mention his name.. yesterday complain to me already.. hahahaha)[] []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Truly a beautiful display. Made me so "gian". I would love to learn on DIY from you too if it is not too much to ask. Would sure like to meet you and the rest of the pros here one of these days.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    we are not pros.. but we are willing to share our knowledge.. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    1st pic look like poster! actually i think will sell better than LH poster...
    how u get the glass so clean, i think i buy brand new also not so clean & clear.

r those the DIY MH from the place u mentioned?- looks good.
    i got the go ahead(was measuring space)for another 4ft in my in-laws hse on the other side of the country(but have to be reef),now gotta scrounge enough $$ for a system,going without calcium reactor for soft corals but MH is a must cause sick of FL.
    My question: is the PL 9w blue moon tube enough?i sure itchy & sure wire up some PL to squeeze in.
    i had a 36w FL blue moon tube which blew within 3mths-never touch moon again,it was a Azoo tube.

Hi Hi,

many thanks again for all your comments! The MH is pure DIY with a old 3 feet FL housing. Bought reflectors, MH bulb holders, ballast, DC fans x 4 (for cooling), tempered glass for sheild and stuff. All the ballasts and transformers along with all electrical stuff (minus pumps and skimmers) are housed in the cabinet beside my tank.

Regarding my 9w PL, please do not confuse it with actinics. It is purely for night time viewing only. It comes on first, followed by actinics, followed by MH. Shut down is in reverse order. In other words, I'm trying to simulate moon, dusk and dawn... I think...

I would love to share my DIY experience to those interested. Not a problem, so long as you are not afraid of tripping your house and getting electricuted a couple of times... But hey, its worth it!

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Beautiful tank Cedric. BTW, which digital camera are you using? Very sharp pics.

Feedback Score
    When i die, i wanna come back as a marine fish & live in ur tank Cedric (hope ur feeding time is regular)....fantastic...absolutely fantastic...

Nizz

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm gonna show your tankn to my boss and watch him die of envy...

Beautiful.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Someone asked me about my lights, so I guess some pics will explain much better...

This is the DIY light hood using a old FL casing. In it is 2 x 3ft FL, 2 x 150 DE MH and 1 x 9w nightlight for viewing. Can see?

This is a close up of all the electronics... The various ballast for the different lights, etc...

See the grooves cut into the hood? Those are for the dc fan inlet and exhaust. Very hot!!!

Just a parting shot!

I hope this will help the guy![:]

Feedback Score
    One question, what's the tumbler behind the light ?

Lim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast