Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

my name is Justin and i'm lactose-intolerant...

okok just kidding on the above post... i'll do things properly

Hello to you lot out there, i'm a little slow in starting off here but as they say "betta late than never!" *snigger* ahem.. so yeah...

Name's Justin... aka nospace because the one thing i'm lacking in for most of my life is space... i look like 21, think i am 24 most of the time but i'm actually 28... and to answer your question, no i'm not considering therapy...yet.

I found out about this little corner of the web via my little google expeditions while researching about aquatic plants...

My interest in fish was sparked way back in the days when i would venture into the drains of Singapore with a rusty sieve i stole from my mum, in an valiant albeit futile attempt to net myself some wild guppies/mosquito fish...

Since then i've unceremoniously murdered 5 "longkang fish", 1 oscar cichlid, 2 ryukin and a fresh-water lobster...

i've recently revived my interest in fish/plant keeping after a friend gave me two 1.5 foot tanks on a double decked stand with some ryukin goldies...
    one of them is a mutant with no dorsal fin whatsoever... it's been almost 2 months and they're still alive...

I'm situated near town area (newton to be precise) and visit Sam's occasionally... I think they're still getting over the shock that there's someone nutty enough to to keep ryukin in a planted tank... and using low-tech to boot... ^_^

My other likes include WoW (private server because i can't devote enough time to it to justify the fees), Sango Kushi Taisen, Dota (not that often now), Performing / writing music, Anime and whole list of other perversions...
    Last edited by |squee|; 8th Feb 2007 at 23:21.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Justin,

Welcome to Aquatic Quotient! It's always better late than never and thanks for introducing yourself to us.

By the way, we are as shock as Sam's (at Unite Square) that you have Ryukin in a planted tank. In any case, I wish you success in that and applaud the monumental effort you must have put in to make this combination work.

Hope to hear that you will find space to "upgrade" your aquatic real estate some time soon and when the time comes, you can always send me a private message to change your user ID to "enough space".

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello Benny,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Lol... with regards to the tank, well so far so good... the ryukin leaves the nana alone while the windelov is resistant to their nibbling... i'll have to wait and see on the fanworts... the buggers are very playful but they tend to be distracted very easily... so far they've been playing around with the frogbit that i put in there for fun...

Hopefully, i can draft up a list of plants that would survive or even flourish in a goldie tank... i know lots of people will think that it's futile, but i've always had a penchant for pushing the limits on what's possible.

2 days ago i relocated 3 of the goldies to my pond outdoors... they haven't been doing too well in the tank but they seem to be having the time of their lives now...

Anyways, i hope to learn more from this place!

Cheers!
    Last edited by nospace; 9th Feb 2007 at 00:41.