Images
    Country
    Singapore

Cryptocoryne balansae

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Crypto Balansae... I am thinking of having it as my background plant... I want it to fully cover the back of my new 5x2x2 tank... I only have 3 plants to start... no luck at the buy and sell, most fish shop does not have ready stock.

Is this crypt expensive? Anywhere I can get quantity like 20 - 30 stalks? Teo Farm should have, what's the price like?
    Baby Steel!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi limsteel,

I moved your post to start off as a new thread. You'll get a better response from the fellow forumers.

visit my photo albums @ flickr!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Teo's. Yes they had stock well at least on sunday when I went. They sell in bunches of 10+ stalks. I think I'm not suppose to tell you the price, but its worth the trip. Call them just in case. Oh yes, they also had alot of lovely E. Rubins as well.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi limsteel,

Like bryan, I would recommend you visit Teo's, they seemed to have stock for the plant you're looking for all year round. I am also quite sure bryan would be happy to tell you the price if you were to drop him a private message.

From my understanding, it is not that we are "not supposed" to discuss prices per se, but rather, discussion on prices may lead to a incorrect comparisions, in the end, some good LFS may suffer, leading to hobbyist having even fewer LFS to visit.

For example, if I were to say, LFS A sells this particular fish at $1, but LFS B sells it a $1.50. Some readers here, especially those who are new to the hobby may hence conclude that LFS B is dishonest/expensive/upmarket.

But perhaps, in actual fact, the fishes at LFS A and B may be of difference sizes, one may have been properly quarantined while another is not. Because such information is often not available or not openly discussed, all we see is the price difference and we may end up shunning a particular LFS which may actually be one that is a good LFS. Just my thoughts.
    - eric

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    donno lah... price very sensitive... So I know to avoid misunderstanding lah... I already PM him... Maybe I will drop by this Saturday to TEO for a look see...

Other then Balansae and nice tall crypt suitable for back ground? I have seen from forum many crypt sp. name never seen before (reference to Tropica webby, think they are not very comprehensive).
    Baby Steel!

Hougang, Singapore / Tg Balai Karimun, Indonesia
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Visit this:
    http://www.nationaalherbarium.nl/Cry...yne/index.html

if you want a list of crypts, photos and their flowers. I think it should be comprehensive enough.
    Warm regards,

Lawrence Lee

brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
    Philippians 4:8

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by limsteel View Post
    donno lah... price very sensitive... So I know to avoid misunderstanding lah... I already PM him... Maybe I will drop by this Saturday to TEO for a look see...

Other then Balansae and nice tall crypt suitable for back ground? I have seen from forum many crypt sp. name never seen before (reference to Tropica webby, think they are not very comprehensive).
    You mention Asian setup to me sometime back. Maybe can consider Blyxa aubertii as background -- also available at Teo Farm.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the plants... Apologies for being late lah...
    Baby Steel!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    how do you go about buying plants in teo farm? the last time i went there they were so busy nobody actually bothered with me. just packing their plants for exporting. anyone you can ask for to make purchase and enquire on their plants?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You have to ask them... I like it that way... I browse around and no nosy saleman tagging along asking, telling, pushing sales... then when I spotted the right plants I approach anyone for help they will refer me to the guy who can help me...

the thing is sometime the names, we can't get it right with them... they belong to Hokkien platoon, you tell them AngMo name??? So for the few times I been there, I point (into their display tank), show picture (Plant poster on wall), Bring Sample...
    Baby Steel!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Best way is to go to the shelf at the back of one of the tank and use the Oriental's plant book and point to them.
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    They are nice folks. You have to understand that they are actually not in the retail business, so it might take awhile but someone will attend to you. You can usually refer to the guidebooks or display tank or . They also understand the english names for more popular plants.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    haha i just went there! the guy is really very nice brought us around and even advice us on what plants are easier to manage! all i did was ask who can help me and i got it!