Feedback Score

Anyone to help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

Need professional help

I am thinking of setting up a marine tank but knows nuts about it.

Sea horse is my favourite must.

Can anyone help.

Don mind taking over an existing one if any body is willing to let go

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what size are u talking abt??? budget?? coz only with basic info, then we are able to have a better guide to know what u want.. and respond respectively.. too broad a topic leh.. but i do suggest that getting a book on it will help on some of your queries..

yes.. i agree that seahorse is a very beautiful creature.. but to keep them, pls take note that they feed only live brine shrimps.. i can't recall which place sells seahorses that feeds on frown brimeshrimps.. if so, get those.. it is less troublesome.. and to keep seahorses, go for species tank.. i.e.. nothing else.. if not, they will not survive long coz they dun get to eat much..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh yes.. u can try reading up on the following posts from other ppl and let us know of any more queries..

setting up marine tank
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    more sites for u..

marine
    marine fish setup
    marine tank setup
    reef tank setup

reference books

this is to supplement the link that i have shown u eariler...

Feedback Score
    thanks guys appreciated

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/16/2002 7:24:11 PM

what size are u talking abt??? budget?? coz only with basic info, then we are able to have a better guide to know what u want.. and respond respectively.. too broad a topic leh.. but i do suggest that getting a book on it will help on some of your queries..

yes.. i agree that seahorse is a very beautiful creature.. but to keep them, pls take note that they feed only live brine shrimps.. i can't recall which place sells seahorses that feeds on frown brimeshrimps.. if so, get those.. it is less troublesome.. and to keep seahorses, go for species tank.. i.e.. nothing else.. if not, they will not survive long coz they dun get to eat much..

----------------

About 200-350 2 feet will do, of course all sea horses, nothing else

hmmm...

not easy... Buy the farm raised seahorses from Sealife. Those seem to adapt to frozen mysis better. Problem wif seahorses is they need high quality water and frequent feeding with low flow rate. However, to acheive high water quality, we often have to increase flowrate and cut down on feeding!

The good thing about seahorses is almost any form if lighting can do, bad thing is you cannot get those branch type corals as they will use it as their hitching post (you must provide them with hitching post of some form).

Glad you tried to find out more about them before diving in. Try to read up more on seahorses first, although they are not very expensive, their lives are not expendible! Research research and more research!

hope this helps!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    if i'm not wrong, most Seahorses are nearly on the list of extinction or facing them.. as such, pls take note of their requirements and feeding habits.. conservation is the word here...[]