Country
    Singapore

My Tank Pics

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello,

Check out my humble gallery, pictures taken with webcam so looks lousy. Comments welcome.

http://arofanatics.com/members/leafhorn/
    Live and let live, stop using life feeds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wat do you plan to keep in your top tank eventually?
    coz you mentioned you have 30 nimbochromis in it (only venustus) and only 2 mbunas in it although it is a mbuna tank... so i presume it is a temp setup?

and are those nimbochromis that u eventually want to keep going to the below tank?

from your gallery everything looks very "temp" so i think can look forward to future pics!

have u thought of setting up a tank for larger "Utakas"? like other guys in the nimbo. genus eg fuscotaeniatus , livingstonii can be found here quite often, and get a champsochromis caeruleus (they call it "Rocket" in fish shops) They are among my fav africans

"skull rocks" are very popular here with african cichlid keepers... but personally i do not really like the look..i prefer boulders (actually more often than not mbunas are found alongside large boulders)
    But boulder-like rocks are a lot more dense and heavier...so setting up need more care. even a rock rack is within possibility. thats what i did last time
    but thats purely personal preference.. fish doesnt really care whats the right rock
    [:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello LSZ, you are right.

The top tank is meant to be a mbuna tank, so the juvenile haps are there temporary, when they grow bigger they goes down to the lower tank, deeper waters hehe. The Venustus will eventually become my main group of Haps, will select about one third of them to keep and the others to let go eventually.

So far havent seen livingstones, you know where have? Yah, I wanted to get a pair of rocket champs initally, but dovii sold them and only left one big male. So maybe later, anyway the lower tank setup but no filter, so will take some time. Yah, the lower tank I used bigger rocks, can see my temp gallery, and provided more sandy space and swimming space. The coral rocks provide many holes for mbunas to hide, althought the top tank is meant for mbunas, I dont think it will ever be purely mbunas.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i had seen both livinstonii and fuscotaeniatus here .. had seen at qianhu and at a shop at serangoon north (the Rainbow, petmart place)

for fish this size and your tank size, i will just choose to keep the dominant males from various species. Unless i have bigger tanks, then will have some females.. and if you are concerned abt hybridisation (nimbo females look close to one another) , that is a little concern too..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I see, then for the Nimbochromise I will only keep Venustus in this case to prevent hybridisation. They have the best colours anyway. Thanx for the advice. I am stocking up more Mbunas now. If the the Mbuna tank will be ridiculous with only 2 Mbunas.