Country
    England

Worried Parents Need Help With Ill Little One

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hiya,

We have a goldfish who has developed a disease of some kind that we really cannot find what the best course of treatment is and need some help from a caring fellow fish keeper.

He has been ill for quite a few months now in what began as popeye in one eye and he developed a single largish (we have discounted white spot as too big and singular) white spot on his body. Using Interpet Step 9 treatment the spot seemed to go. But the spot has reoccured on two occasions now, each time on the same side of his body.

The popeye also disappeared a few weeks ago, but then came back about a week later and over the weekend he developed two white ulcers that basically look like burst spots, one much larger than the other. This morning the larger of the burst spots fell off as I looked at him and I fished out the remainents of it, it could best be described as similar to a white pus spot that humans get. The smaller one has remained this morning but will have a look later. The Popeye also remains.

He has not been off his food at all and he has always been quite a scared fish anyway so have kind of discounted stress and we have had him about 4 years. There are plenty places for him to hide in the tank and he often does, hence his name......Hyde!

Does anyone know what we can do to cure him? He lives in the aquarium alone and we introduced him to the new tank from an old one about two months ago, he had the problem in the old tank and we hoped that new environment might help him.

Regards

Worried Parents!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmm... I'd advise giving the medication another try. But this time, keep up the treatment even AFTER the spots disappear. It's probably bacterial or which means you've got to treat him just like you would a person on anti-biotics.

And if you're already doing what i said, try increasing the time period. The bacteria might have become resistant.

Having said that, Welcome to the AQ family We seem to be attracting alot of Brits lately. Brits with goldfish i might add...