Images
    Country
    Singapore

"KISS" 5 ft planted tank setup

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    New 5ft tank delivery on 10Feb and setup before CNY. I would like to use the "Keep It Simple, Stupid" approach.

Need more Crypt Balansae in the background... Hairgrass too painful to plant (backaches) so planted ONE pot only. Any comments/tips/idea/etc (good and bad) welcome!

5ftx2ftx2ft, KH2PO4 (few pinch), KNO3 (few Mac coffee spoon), Iron Power (few Mac Coffee spoon) covered by Seachem Flourite 2bags and top with OceanFree BioClay 10bags. Light up with 6 x 54W T5 lights (8hrs daily). Fert using Mallick LushGro Series, CO2 (ON 2hr before light ONand OFF 1 hrs before light OFF @ 4bbs). Running on 2026 filter (currently looking for 2080 or 2250/60, if not 2028 also can).

live stock:
    5 Golden Algae Eater, 100 Malayan shrimp and many shrimplet was born in my tank, some normal snail (hitch hike from plants )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Baby Steel!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    All that space...
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    And so much wood in the nude....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello, what you expect from a tank that is only 2 week+ old? I looking for more Crypt Balansae (background), and some red plants (contrast look). Waiting for hairgrass to fill up the foreground...

Owner have back problem so planting too much will result ME BUYING lots of Tiger Balm KohYok for my back!
    Baby Steel!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    I've got a two step thing to step on for better access to my tank. Certainly reduced the aches! Old already.

I find that preparing everything on trays beforehand [dividing plants like hairgrass] before bending over to plant saves a lot of time as you can do it quicker without hunching.

Oh yeah, reduce to water to 1" before planting. Best tip I got from a buddy.
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung