Images
    Country
    Singapore

Unhappy Apisto RIP

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My Male Apisto orange flash give up last night due to stomach infection ,so far cant really cure it with the medication that treat tis kind of infection.Any one have good recommendation on particular type of medication?
    I will try to get a replacement for the widow,pls help to look out for me another male,thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    I have moved your thread into this section to facilitate better responses.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

How did you conclude that it was a stomach infection? Were there any symptoms? Can you describe them in detail? A picture tells a thousand words, if you are able to post one.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The apisto doesnt eat any food for the pass few days,stomach bloated and hardly swim around.I notice it is quite common for cichlid to get this sickness as it happens to some of my other breeds oso especially on the louhan.
    Some of them manage to eat agin after a few days,some poo out white substance and heal but the rest is history.I dont wish to mention any brands of medication so that it wont cause any bias as medication is juz one part of the treatment and there are many factors involve to completely heal the fishes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Does it have a sunken belly?

If possible do post a picture.
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    BTW,Thanks to whoever for moving me to this part of the forum,I m quite new to this site so need a lot of guidance from brothers here.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by mictok View Post
    The apisto doesnt eat any food for the pass few days,stomach bloated and hardly swim.
    Stomach is bloated? Means it is bacteria infection. And it might be dropsy as well. For that time, the colouration of your apistogramma is black as well right? Could be water condition that stressed the fish, causing it to succumb to the infection.
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Woah! That really sounds like dropsy. BAD BAD memories. So far no cure for dropsy, although i used a mixture of epsom salts and yellow powder for my previous royal blue betta.

hi mictok,

Sorry for your loss man, but really thanks for sharing the symptoms which you detected as to warn others. i'm sure you'll be able to find a new replacement soon so do cheer up!

You said yours was an orange flash? So i presume its orange flash caca, which gets its variant from recessive genes of trip red? If its true, does that mean that orange flash is more rare as its from a recessive gene? Will that have any effect on its hardiness?
    Last edited by benny; 8th Mar 2007 at 09:29. Reason: Merge Post and spelling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Michael....

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, fortunately its not my Ap. Cacatuoides "triple red" that went to heaven!! Was quite worried when I saw your thread title....

I think it is important to buy good fishes, feed proper food and of course addition of vitamins to boost the immune system of our fish, be it apistos or not.....this helps to ensure good health of our fish!!!
    Aquatic Dreams
    Custom Made Aquarium Tanks, Cabinets & Stands

Contact Us: [email protected]
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/aquaticdreamsg/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi cacatuoides,

can u recommend some vitamins/food which are really beneficial to apistos? is cyclopeeze good for them?
    thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I feed my apistos live bbs everyday with frozen bs and bloodworm plus hikari discus pellets....supplement Dennerle S7 twice a week (this is the secret to good health and growth)
    Aquatic Dreams

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The pair of triple red that i bought from u is growing well in my common tank.Both of them can even snatch food with the rams and tetra that are bigger than them.
    This disease had killed most of my louhan before,I oso think that the best solution is to prevent rather than find cure.
    Anyway,I dont prefer to use too much of the blood worm to feed them as I notice that this infection problem have high chance of contact with blood worm than using dry food.
    I will switch the main diet back to dry food once my new pair of caca is stabilise in the tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi cacatuoides,

seems like my vjieta pair are not eating my tetramin crisps at all, but they seem to be eating the ada soil instead?!?! of course they spit them out real soon. but then again, the crisps always sink and disappear after a few hours. why is this so? please advice, thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by iwishweallcouldwin View Post
    hi cacatuoides,

seems like my vjieta pair are not eating my tetramin crisps at all, but they seem to be eating the ada soil instead?!?! of course they spit them out real soon. but then again, the crisps always sink and disappear after a few hours. why is this so? please advice, thanks!
    They may be taking in the nutrients found on the ada soil as they might not be eating well....feed them frozen brineshrimp and also try Hikari Discus Pellets which I train all my apistos to take....dry food is more convenient than frozen and often contain more nutrients too..
    Aquatic Dreams

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    good news!
    my vjietas are finally eating, but not until i physically sink my tetramin crisps into the bottom layer before they start munching them.. always believed that a mixed diet is beneficial for all kinds of fishes so i'm currently lookin for another staple diet.
    you mean apistos can eat discus pellets readily? that's cool! how about jbl nova tabs for aquarium fishes? is that gd for apistos? it caters more to bottom and medium tank feeders. also, what's Dennerle S7 and where can i get it? by the way, would you recommend cyclopeeze? heard its good for fries and juveniles.
    Last edited by iwishweallcouldwin; 8th Mar 2007 at 21:27.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    its a type of additive which contains trace elements and also promotes wellness of the fish.. pretty costly for a small bottle.
    Founder of theWaterBox

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Get the big bottle. More worthed it. But it will require 1 piece of blue and 2 pieces of red. And that's the old price, given that what I heard was they increased the price.
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    haha... thats really expensive... i'm only a conscript... but does it bring forth excellent results? if so, where can i get it?
    Last edited by iwishweallcouldwin; 8th Mar 2007 at 23:08. Reason: sms lingo unsuitable

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It has definitely brought forth great excellent results for all my fishes and plants!!! I always recommend this to anyone who are serious in keeping apistos!! For me is a must to have!!
    Aquatic Dreams

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Fully agreed.I had tried out the S7 and both my cacas and german rams are showing great respond to the formula.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hahaha!! I'm going to be be so broke....
    Last edited by benny; 10th Mar 2007 at 00:40. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast