Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Vivid says Hi to fellow members

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello all....been in this forum for abt 1 week or so and i found this forum to be the most useful in terms of my setting up of a new hobby....currently i have 5 lobster, 3-red & 2 blue with 4 mini gold fish and handful of guppies and neon tetras.....pardon my term of naming the fish as i dun really know the scienctific name....as to how i know this forum....is just pure luck when i did a search on local forums. Alas just great to know this place to learn more on my new hobby.

Thanks

Vivid

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome here...
    Check out Wynx' Blog
    Check out Wynx' Gallery
    When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
    Dale Carnegie
    "Who cannot love Her smallest things cannot stand in front of Nature" 隆あまの 

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Vivid,

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe you could share with us more regarding your setup?

May you continue to expand your knowledge in this forum as you browse around.

PS: Kindly refrain from sms lingo. We encourage our members to write in proper sentences.
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by wynx View Post
    Welcome here...
    thanks for the warm welcome

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt View Post
    Hi Vivid,

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe you could share with us more regarding your setup?

May you continue to expand your knowledge in this forum as you browse around.

PS: Kindly refrain from sms lingo. We encourage our members to write in proper sentences.
    Ok got it, as for my current setup....its just a 2ft 5 plane tank with one huge and the other small size driftwood, lights, aztman external filter, a couple of fern plants and the bottom are fill with just black grain sand.....still learning abt what is needed to plant healthy plants....as for now my plants are slowly withering.....just a simple fish tank setup.....so any new advice for a newbie here?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi vivid and welcome to AQ!

Just my 2cents worth. Lobsters is a no-no for a plant tank. They'll feed on your plants or uproot them while digging the sand. Also i think a 2ft tank can't fit so many lobsters, they'll show aggression and may kill each other. Besides i think the lobsters love fish as food.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by limchongyu View Post
    Hi vivid and welcome to AQ!

Just my 2cents worth. Lobsters is a no-no for a plant tank. They'll feed on your plants or uproot them while digging the sand. Also i think a 2ft tank can't fit so many lobsters, they'll show aggression and may kill each other. Besides i think the lobsters love fish as food.
    Hello limchongyu,

U are absolutly correct on the plants .....now my ferns are being eaten up by them ....funny crayfishes behaviour, however they did not show any aggression till killing their own breed.....as a couple of them molded and the others did not take this advantage to attack....thus still friendly....but now i notice that my neon tetras is short of 1 and my guppy tail of 2 has been snip off....guess the crayfish are hungry.....but wat to do i love them soo much...maybe i should just changed all to driftwood and giant pebbles for landscape and seperate the fishes to another tank.....right?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup it'll be best to seperate the fishes and crayfish, because even the fastest fish can be ambushed while they are resting at night. However do take note that crayfish are not known to eat mosquito larvae, so be sure not to breed mosquitos in your home!
    A good way is to keep the so called mosquito fish or similar sized fish with them because they are not so easy to catch due to their small size.
    I used to keep some crayfish before and i noticed that after a few deaths, the remaining fishes seem to learn their lesson.

Chongyu

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    so just to confirm is when i am buying fish i need to choose fish either bigger than my crayfish or equal to their size and they would not be easy prey to the crayfish??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmmm no choose super small size fish since your tank is so small. Large fish may prey on your crayfish when they moult

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh ic ok got it....