Images
    Country
    Singapore

hairgrass question

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I want to ask the HG experts, can I give them a trim every week? Ever since I started trimming they've been growing an inch or so in less than a week but not evenly so the whole thing looks quite untidy. Can I trim every week or do they need a rest?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Choy....wow! 1" per week? Dat's a lot man....
    Wat's the height of your tank? & wat fert (liquid) r u using for the tank?
    Sorry...i only trimmed mine once a fortnight...& it seemed fine...

Nizz

Actually is there need to trim hairgrass? Amano's pictures have lots of tanks with long flowy hairgrass that looks very nice.

There's a planted aro tank in Pet Safari that looks very nice also. So far, I've not been able to get that effect in my previous 3' tank.

how high is your tank? if it's 2', it should look very nice. But if it's anything less, I agree that the long hairgrass would would a little out of proportion

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    IMO, just give it a trim whether u find that it is an eyesore... in my case, whether it is getting too long or becoming an eyesore, i give it a trim.. and i really trim!!!... nevertheless, my hairgrass kept floating up coz my corys and coolie loach kept digging and uprooting them.. creating lots of work for me..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.