Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Fish ID

Fish ID

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I was just at the fish store and they had the cutest fish.. The guy didn't even seem sure as to what it was.. He called it an "antennae goby" but I've just done a search and nothing is coming up on it..

It's a pale yellow, goby shaped fish.. It has a tall top fin with a large black "eye" dot on it.. It flashes the fin when you get too close to it.. There are darker yellow lines across the width of the body.. The fish was only about an inch in length, but I have no idea if it was an adult or just a juvenile..

Thanks for any help!!
    I''m going crazy, but that''s okay.. They know me there..

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    it might be firefish.. see whether this is the fish...
    firefish
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Thanks, Kelstorm!! It's called an orange stripe goby.. Person on another forum found it for me.. I appreciate it though..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    it is ok.. perhaps u might want to post the link here as well.. so that ppl can take a look at it.[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

http://www.marinedepotlive.com/494854.html

There you go.. I think they're adorable!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh.. i seen this b4... thanks..

Kelstorm,

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know which types of shrimp this goby likes to live with?? I've been having bad thoughts about the bangaiis since I found out that they will munch all the shrimp that I'd like to have.. Been considering my options a bit..

Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    u can try camel shrimps or cleaner shrimps...[]