Singapore

Apisto LFS - A must-go if you are in Tokyo

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys,
    http://www.an-aquarium.com/An/news.html

This is a must-go-to Apistogramma place if you are in Tokyo.
    Its right up in Ginza so very accessible and convenient.

Love his photography and the quality of his wild fishes.
    Enjoy.
    It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    arrrh... just got back from tokyo on sunday... what a miss
    Cheers,
    Melvin Lim

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Actually hor.... there are about 5 other aquarium shops in Ginza alone.. 3 or 4 of them are 15mins walk from an-aquarium..most on top floor of shopping centres.
    The last one... which i think is the best one is pau pau aquarium.. 2 levels of fish and accessories, roughly about 4-5 times the size of biotope...Its somewhere further in higashi ginza.. before the famous fish market...and above the 2nd nissan showroom.. abit hard to tell you guys where.. but next time.. i take photographs..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ranma, I agree with you.. but nothing beats An aquarium's apistos in Ginza! hehe
    It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    For apistos la... actually hor.. also found that they carry some nice fishes that i like..haha..

IF in ginza.. i sure will drop by an-aquarium and pau pau one.. the rest if got time then go.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Next time when you go back, take photos so that we know how to go. And address and directions too!
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    someone should do a sticky on apisto shops in the world.... unless it;s been done
    I am into Plecos now...
    L46, L173, L134 & L236
    ~~Jeffrey~~

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    in the world??? err... a bit hard la..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ok lah... anywhere in asia loh
    I am into Plecos now...
    L46, L173, L134 & L236
    ~~Jeffrey~~

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi folks,

I will be in Osaka and Tokyo begining May. Anyone got direction to those LFS mentioned here? I've been to one in Tokyo in 1997, name of the LFS is AquaZoom owner Mr Miura San. I got my seamless ADA 20cm cube tank from him. I cannot remember the address now. Anyone can verify if he is still there? I think it is near the Kabuki-za Theatre in Ginza area.

In 2001, I visited one in Shinjuku under ground shopping area, cannot remember how to get there now, only know it is at a corner.

This time I am staying at Ginza Capital Hotel which is walking distant to Tsukiji station.

Wanted to visit Pau Pau during my 1997 trip but got lost cannot speak Jap.

How about Osaka, any LFS?

Besides, is it worth going to ADA at Niigata? Anyone know how to get there or been there? One day trip enough?

Me ADA fanatic. Just set up a 30cm ADA cube tank at my office, heh heh heh....

I have saved some $ for buying those hard to get ADA stuff.

Any advise, direction or refer is deeply, appreciated.

Btw, know there is one very good Ramen shop near a Nissan showroom around Ginza Tokyu Hotel, dunno if this is the same Nissan showroom that Ranmastome is saying.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Jelly.. there are 2 nissan showrooms in ginza.. once near the landmark clock tower near 5chome.. the other is just a little further from the kabuki-za theatre..
    the other shop you're talking about in shinjuku is aqua forest.. in subnade shopping centre.
    Last edited by ranmasatome; 5th Apr 2007 at 00:58.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ok... there is a really a number of people interested to see apistogrammas overseas... i think we should start a sticky for this.. and obviously there are alot of bros out there with the information as well... what do moderators think? Any advice?

i just went to the kyoto one. its so gorgeous.. have never seen an apistogramma whose dosal fin is longer than the entire fish....
    I am into Plecos now...
    L46, L173, L134 & L236
    ~~Jeffrey~~

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome View Post
    Jelly.. there are 2 nissan showrooms in ginza.. once near the landmark clock tower near 5chome.. the other is just a little further from the kabuki-za theatre..
    the other shop you're talking about in shinjuku is aqua forest.. in subnade shopping centre.
    Hi Ranmasatome,

The aquarium shop you mention near the nissan show room is it the one near kabuki-za theatre, near higashi ginza station? Do you mean it is in the same building with Nissan? I think I will be staying very near if this is the place your are referring to. I will be staying near Tsukiji Fish Market station.

May I trouble you to provide some direction to An-aquarium and Pau Pau? Thanks.
    Last edited by valice; 5th Apr 2007 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Jelly.. allow me to pm you or give me your e-mail.. either way if you want the directions.. right now i can't do either.. and i am not going to post here either because its too long-winded and a little OT.