Singapore

atomizer?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    would like to know what is an atomizer...supposed to be for CO2 right

Planning to DIY CO2...so ask ah pek (capricorn) he intro this atomizer at 3 bucks...
    wondering what should i do with it (it looks like a airstone with a plastic layer...

Was reading through some websites, some of them say place the CO2 outlet near the filter input?
    then let the filter suck in the CO2? i dont understand...

Also, any idea how to prevent the fermented mixture from entering the tank accidentally?

Hey Jason (nature_aquarium harvest riccia guy), great setup and glad to know u use DIY CO2 also
    hehe and it bubbles...thought that it is not possible but u proved otherwise!

Regards,
    tltan

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi tltan

If I am not wrong an atomiser is similar to a diffusor. The reason why some place it near the inlet pipe is because the fine air bubbles will be sucked into the filteration system and in theory, the longer the CO2 stays in the water system, the more will be dissolved.

On the DIY CO2 part of your question......guess someone else will have to help you....
    []
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

----------------
    On 1/6/2002 1:52:43 AM

Also, any idea how to prevent the fermented mixture from entering the tank accidentally?

----------------
    Try adding a check valve, or better yet, a bubble counter as well.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks David and Qicheng for the prompt reply..wah u guys dont sleep early do you!! same as me...
    have been browsing thru this forum lah...keepin myself updated and learning more and more...!! =)

David,
    hehe I would also like to get a cylinder but no choice lah, still schooling...actually the question is for my friend lah...also schooling so not much spare cash also...a lot of things have to sacrifice...maybe after chinese new year ask him get a cylinder liao.
    hehe How much is it roughly anyway (with a solenoid) cheapest? so many different prices i read around.

Qicheng, the check valves u mention is it the same as those that splits the air from a pump into many tubes type is it hah? bubble counter-how could that help as well...? care to explain...? thanks!

thanks a lot for the help..spent the day running about from Capricorn....walk in from SSMC quite far lah...luckily met a friend there with transport if not die man...help my friend carry the 10 kg sand and base fert!!!! Heng man. Also, Ah Pek seems to be in a good mood and give lots of freebies today maybe he see us not rich-looking help us with a new hobby lah!! hehe...thanks to him man..

Best Regards,
    tltan

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    tltan

Wat u said is a split valve.
    A check valve only allows air to go thru one side so that if the tank water get back suction, the check valve will prevents from entering into the DIY CO2 solution. unless u placing the solution higher than your tank, then u won't need to worry getting a check valve.

Ask around, most lfs do carry them, its only the cost that's different. I bought one at C328 clementi less than $3.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    Understand that friends come and go,
    but with a precious few you can hold on.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks, Jhseah...

Would have gotten the wrong thing if not for ur message...
    thanks..

Must get the valve lah..not nice to hang 2 Pet bottles at the top of the lights lah...
    hehe

=) good day,
    tltan