Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

egg eating

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    how many of you guys into apistos have this problem frequently? what do you do abt it?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i have encountered alot of this problems and decided to remove the eggs and hatch the eggs and raise the fry myself.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    presently, I jus leave as it is.. u may wanna try remove the parents if the situation persist

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How do raise the fry yourself?? And how does one know if the eggs have been fertised?

----------------
    On 8/25/2002 10:14:51 PM

i have encountered alot of this problems and decided to remove the eggs and hatch the eggs and raise the fry myself.
    ----------------

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 8/26/2002 12:20:50 PM

How do raise the fry yourself?? And how does one know if the eggs have been fertised?

----------------
    I suppose usually if there is a pair of apistos and the female laid egg the egg can be assumed be fertilized.
    My females usually don't eat the eggs until a day later or so or sometime when the fries are still wrigglers.

Ben, does the offsprings of artificial hatching become egg eaters as well? Have you got the 2nd generation that are good parents?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    to ensure that the eggs r fertile, wait for 1 day b4 remove them, aerate the eggs pls... egg eating could be a instinct, usually inexperience/nervous parents will do it. there r many reasons to y apisto eat/kill their frys.. sometimes they kill the remaining frys so that they can spawn again.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    3rd generation fry which laid their eggs doesn't seem to be egg eaters too even though their 2 generations back parents are brought up by myself. i think it's in built instinct.

IMHO good parents that don't eat their eggs will give birth to good offsprings too which can take good care of broods without u worrying.
    Cheers!

Benetay