Images
    Country
    United_States

Betta Flaring

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey, I noticed that my betta splenden flares when I put my goldfish bowl next to his. Is this safe?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Its alright for bettas to flare once in a while. In fact, some people believe that its good for the fish to be excited now and then. Try not to let it flare the whole day though or it may exhaust itself

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    ok, thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup, I think it is not good for betta to flare 24/7. Try to put some partition between the betta and the goldfish.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bettas should be induced to flare once in awhile.if not it will be so bored(layman's term).there are other mental issues attached but i don't know how to explain la.murinus is right.don't let your betta flare for too long or it will exhaust itself and become susceptible to diseases.on the average 30 mins will be enough.about once in 2 days should be ok.good luck.

PS:i was and still is a betta fanatic.just that no time to keep them anymore.so i content myself to just looking at them in lfs.sigh.bettas are beautiful and enchanting creatures.so wonderful and unique each and everyone is in its on way.