Thread: Need some suggestions on rare or beautiful corals

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I called both and Doug will call me after 2PM for talking with the people at Atlantis has giving me a better handle on the product, but I also will later get their calcium reactors as well as skimmers. I know their expensive, but I do happen to want great equipment so I must pay the fiddle as they say

Buddy
    Will have seven tanks in all: Two 40 gal breeders for QT, one for FO and the other is to be divided into two separated tank sections with their own filters for corals. Two tanks running as one system, a 70 & 130 gal tanks with a 150, 180 and 240 gal reef tanks. In the next few months to come, the 150 and 180 will be started up after I the new QT for corals setup. Finally!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ahhh, the Deltec Calcium Reactor. I am currently using AP501, the smallest calcium reactor from Deltec. I am also using APF600 for my skimmer. But for skimmer, I might upgrade mine to the Mini BK instead in the future and if I have the funds. The reason, I'm trying to lessen the use of pumps in my setup and the Deltec, although good, still require 2 pump. 1 to feed it and the other to skim it. For the Mini BK, it only need 1 pump and this pump feed as well as skims. Good choice right? But the cost.....Oh well, time to start saving. Nothing is cheap in this part of the hobby and it won't be cheap if it uses lesser electricity.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Thanks Keith, I spoken to Doug, the same person who forum is at RC and im taking time to run through the threads to see if I can learn anything else. I will not be able to get the first item until after a put together some $3K plus for the property tax and propane tank and least is Xmas for the kids.

I will then start out the tanks making them ready prior to first getting the calcium reactor for the 150 and following after that I will get the phosphate reactors and after that I will change over the lighting on the 180 from 175 watts to 250 watts. And with that prior to the calcium reactor i will first have.

I guess it not matters from where I get the Deltecs from and also their media for the equipment as well for as soon as im done getting the next $3K plus up for the property tax and to put in the minimum $500 delivery for propane for the cooler weather is coming before we know it and then after that I have Xmas shopping for a bunch of kids.

If I was first spoken about the 120 QT an d that it changed to a 150 that two others agreed with that I could best do it and afterwards they sang a different tone. So now the money that I could had done the lighting on the 180 and new QT for the corals, makes it that it gives me yet still a slight delay to when I might start these tanks. But im not unhappy about that at all for I been patiently waiting for a few years with that Jeff person and now I know that this will happen after I start getting the money together after the holidays are over.

Besides Keith, even if I not bought the 150 setup and that I did do the lights on the 180 and the second QT for corals, I still wouldn`t been able to do much about live stocking, it would had been just a few fish and zoas and what not. If I was about to start the planning of these tanks and paying for the 240 more then 7.5 years ago and waited for someone to put them in for 3.10 years, I think that I can wait another few months. Don't you think

But now that I have the tanks equipment solved, I now am into another thought. I am a eel person for all my life, I had as many as more then 100 species if not nearer to 150 through the decades. I will still look to have dwarf eel in all the reef tanks in which is why I ruled out having carpet anemones. For I been settled on the two pair that I would have with the 180 and 240, and now I will begin a search to a third pair.

I will not post that on the dwarf eels in a question in the forums for I know of the most dwarf eels that most can never think of and I will first run their names though my head and type them into a wordpad, and then I will place them in a certain order like those that are in lesser regional areas, will be at the bottom of the list and those that are in a good number of regions will be placed at the top.

Also, as for that nothing is cheap, if I was to feel that I not want to spend as much, i might as well gotten out of this hobby years ago, the mistake was is that I started this hobby when I was at the ripe old age of eight and its gotten me in deeper and deeper until I was simply hooked like a fish on a line.

Buddy
    Will have seven tanks in all: Two 40 gal breeders for QT, one for FO and the other is to be divided into two separated tank sections with their own filters for corals. Two tanks running as one system, a 70 & 130 gal tanks with a 150, 180 and 240 gal reef tanks. In the next few months to come, the 150 and 180 will be started up after I the new QT for corals setup. Finally!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12