Images
    Country
    Singapore

gd'aftrnoon everyone, its about time

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, I have been lurking around since November 06, learning from the more seasoned hobbyist. Thought its about time I introduce myself

I had been keeping fish for the greater part of my life but with huge gaps in between. Currently I have a 10 gallon and a 25 gallon tank.

I my keeping rasbora brigittae, rasbora axelrodi, rasbora urophthalmoides, microrasbora nana, microrasbora kubotai, barboide gracilis, vietnamese white cloud, galaxy, CRS, and 2 red nose shrimp

I had murdered many fishes and shrimps since but hope to put a break on this tragedy. Hope someday to meet up with fellow members to talk shop.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Welcome!! post some pics of your tanks.. it would be great to see them.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks ranmasatome!

Hope to someday post some pics but first need to
    1) get hold of a good enough digital cam
    2) learn how to shoot good enough images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Welcome to AQ. Do share with us your experience in fish keeping and tank set ups.

Personally, I am interested in how you are keeping Barboides gracilis. Got them from Ecoculture? Sadly, I wasn't quite successful with them.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Quixotic, yup, got 20 of them from Ecoculture last year.

Well, I wouldn't say I am successful in keeping those Barboides. As to my experience in keeping them so far: I feel that there's a "critical period" for those little jewels to get comfy in the new environment, if they can make it through that period, they are quite 'steady.' Kind of like new born kittens, when they open their eyes and can feed on their own, their survival rate just goes up, know what I mean?

When I first introduced them to their new home, a number of them immediately exhibit 'deathly' behaviour: swimming in a corkscrew manner and the body becomes a bit whitish instead of the healthy 'translucent' texture. Over the next few days, the mortality rate for my Barboides was like one per day till I left about 10. And I guess the rest, as they say, is history: these 10 survive.

Over the many months, I am now left with 3 amigos. They are healthy and hang with my rasbora urophthalmoides Oh my water PH is 7 but hadn't measure the ammonia and nitrate level for quite some time But I think should be okay because my red nose shrimp are doing okay.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Great, they do well with the Boraras. I was like reluctant to mix them with other fishes actually, so left them in the quarantine tank, but didn't make it past the 3rd week.

Looking forward to more of your fish keeping and planted tank experiences in the forum.

Cheers.