Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Creatures From Below

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Good morning, evening, or afternoon. Just registered so I figured I would come and introduce myself. My name is Randy and I have the best job in the world! I import fish from the Peruvian amazon and sell them so I get to make money of the hobby we all love. If you guys have any questions, let me know. Randy CFB

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome Randy, visited your site and I must agree you have the best job any of us would admire

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Thanks Simon. I still have to wake up in the morning every once in a while and pinch myself to make sure it's real... LOL. It's very rare to be able to make a living out of something you love.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Randy... i want to pinch you as well..hahahha...
    Welcome to AQ.... now when is my shipment coming..

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    I put them on a plane yesterday... you didn't get them yet? j/k ... I really like the look of this forum and want to get involved in helping to make it a great place to visit for information and help!

Randy
    CFB

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh, fishes from below....creatures from below are different altogether...... ......

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome, pack more catfish this way buddy!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    I'm working on aquiring some cargo accounts with some major airlines now. Don't know how much it would be but if you guys got a group order together, I wouldn't mind shipping out there. Since this is my full time job, I do 50% water changes on all my tanks twice a week so I've got some of the healthiest fish around. I also work with each of my predators and slowly ween them off of live food since they are some of the most unhealthy and disease ridden things you can get!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome to AQ Randy!
    Looking forward to see some of the exotic fishes which you are exporting out of Peru.

Any one for mass order?
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    By the way Randy,

Do you still keep fish as a hobby? I mean, personal tanks,fish etc. Many of my friends who turn their hobby into their business seem to well, lose steam.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Valice - thanks for the kind words. I am really going to enjoy learning about new cultures and new fish. I just hope I can be a helpful part of this forum!

Bryan - excellent question. I still keep personal fish but I am slowly moving them to my shop. It's not that I don't love the tanks being at my house, it's just so much easier to maintain that way. I change their water while I'm changing all the other tanks. Plus, the water I use for my tanks comes from a natural spring close to my shop. I fill 60 gallon buckets full of it and transport it to my shop to use. It is slightly acidic (pH 6.2), extremely soft (gH and kH both below 2 degrees), and free of chlorine/chloramines. It is way better than the tap water at my house and I've noticed a huge difference in overall health and color since I have moved them.

And the day I decide I don't want to keep fish anymore, it will definately be time for me to quit the business and turn it back into a hobby. I am a hobbyist first and a businessman second.

Randy
    CFB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Talking

Hi there!! So when is my shipment of altum's coming? By the way, welcome aboard!!
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Thanks Altum! It's good to be aboard. This has got to be the nicest introduction I have gotten from any message board so thanks to everyone!

As for the altums, I don't think they are native to Peru. I believe they are from the Rio Orinoco in Venezuela. My exporter sells a pterophyllum scalare altum, which is seperate from the pterophyllum scalare but I have never seen pictures of it to know if it is the true altum or not. I will look into it the next time I speak with him.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Randy.. post some pictures of your tanks.. it would be great too see them in the right sections..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Randy,

Welcome to our forum. I believe our members will be happy with your sharing. May your stay be a warm one here. We are friendly people with a passion for our hobby.

I love to get my hands on some dwarf apisto..
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    I will definately post some pictures. I will need to take some new ones since all the current ones have my website address pasted all over them for copyright reasons. I'm not certain of the rules here concerning the posting of outside web addresses so I won't post what I have.

I do have one question, though... why is an Asian forum in English? Don't get me wrong, I am thankful that it is (allows me to participate) but just a curiosity of mine. Also, where do you guys learn english English at? From what I've seen so far, your mastery of the language far exceeds many people I know who were born and raised speaking it.

Wackytpt- the apistogrammas are definately a favorite of mine too. They are magnificent fish whose color can't be beat. It is hard to believe that African cichlids are more popular here in the US. Not many LFS carry the apistos. I love how they sometimes pinch their eyes together, giving them a mean, irritated look. I will try to get a pic of this in case some members are unfamiliar with it.

Randy
    CFB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Randy,

AQ is a singapore website. So generally english is commonly used here. English is taught and used as part of our education. That explain why this website is in english.
    I believe the rest of the asian website you visit are Taiwan website. They main language is Chinese.

I love apisto! What are your favourite apisto? Any chance of shipment to the sunny island of Singapore?

Regards
    Nicholas
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Wow, you learn something new everyday. I did not know that English was common in Singapore. What other languages are taught as well? I apologize for my ignorance of your culture.

I am working on setting up cargo accounts with airlines so I can do international shipping. Once I have them, if you guys are able to put together a group order, I would be more than happy to send it out to you.

It's hard to pick a favorite. I would have to say A. atahualpa, A. cruzi, and A. eunotus. Oh, and A. nijsseni as well. They are all so beautiful, it is hard to pick a favorite!

Randy
    CFB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by creaturesfrombelow View Post
    Wow, you learn something new everyday. I did not know that English was common in Singapore. What other languages are taught as well? I apologize for my ignorance of your culture.

I am working on setting up cargo accounts with airlines so I can do international shipping. Once I have them, if you guys are able to put together a group order, I would be more than happy to send it out to you.

It's hard to pick a favorite. I would have to say A. atahualpa, A. cruzi, and A. eunotus. Oh, and A. nijsseni as well. They are all so beautiful, it is hard to pick a favorite!

Randy
    CFB
    Over here in Singapore, other than the offical working langauge which is english, we are also taught our "mother tongue" languages that is native to our local culture. The languages includes chinese, tamil, bahasa malay and more recently different chinese dialects like teo chew, cantonese and hokkien etc etc.

By the way, if i'm interested in the P scalare altum, do you think you mind shipping them to me? I'm a big fan of angels, discus and tetras.

Cheers!!
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Wow, with all those dialects thrown in there, it sounds like it could be pretty hard to learn. Knowing both, which do you think was more difficult to learn?

I spoke with my Peruvian friend concerning the P scalare altum and he says it is the Peru version of the altum. He was in a hurry this morning when I talked to him and did not get a chance to ask him for pics. If he has them, I will post them up here.

Break time is over... time to get back to the tanks. Have a great day everyone!

Randy
    CFB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast