Thread: How often to salt bath?

Feedback Score

How often to salt bath?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

My goldfish have a lot of tiny white sopts on its fins n ard the head. Is it inck?? Hope someone can help me with my questions..

1)How often do we administer the salt? Everyday at the same dosage? Or weekly?

2)I brought the aquarium salt fr oceanfree, it comes with a plastic spoon so is it a tablespoon size? There's only marking of 5ml n 25ml on it..

As u see, I'm very newbie! [] Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    probably it is
    by salt bath u mean take it out and put it into another container containing salt solution?
    i highly suggest against this method
    if you want, dose the salt (predissolved, of course) into the tank itself
    15ml per 20l
    change water per normal, but if you remove 100 liters of water remember to redose the 75ml of salt to keep the salt conc. constant

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    awi
    If u do not have any plts in there, u might want to try using methylene blue (1 btl abt $2 fr lfs)...it is very effective against Ich (i've treated my ich infected tank before). Dose the tank according to instructions for abt 10-12 days. Be warned that methylene blue will stain decorations and silicone.

Good luck
    mike

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Generally, I tend to agree with DEA not to remove the sick fish from the tank for treatment.

In my experience, this greatly reduce the chance of survival of the sick fish. Additional stress in moving a fish is usually fatal to an already weakened fish.

My only successful treatments are in my main tank. Those fishes that I removed from the tank all mati...[]

BC

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys! My fishes have all recovered! What I did is add Rid-all 5ml methelyne blue and changed 20% water for 3days with the amt of salt dosage per water replaced. Fr 1st day I can see that the spots reduced abt 20%, 2nd day 70% gone n 3rd day left only abt 10% spots.

BTW I found tiny transparent,slimy worm near the water level of my tank, readup the threads here n realised that they r planrians? Is there any medication to get rid of them? Think they came fr overfeeding so I had stopped feeding for 2 days n reduced feeding to once a day.Any advice?

I have goldfish,pencil fish,neon tetra,cory in my 2ft.[]