Images
    Country
    Singapore

Betta Rubra @ Aquarama 2007

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    This is one of the 2 B.rubra displayed at the Bettaclub booth in Aquarama '07. Pardon my photography standard. The other piece is not well taken at all so I dare not post it up. Anyway, this piece looks like a male to me.

I am hoping some kind souls who has photographed them well to post here and justifies for these species. B.rubra is last seen in around 1993, now I am honoured to see it being re-discovered in 2007.
    Last edited by Ah_ZhaN; 29th May 2007 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Unfortunately, the link you posted does not allow hot linking. Perhaps you can attach or upload in the your Free AQ gallery and link it back into the post.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My apology, benny. I've uploaded the picture into my gallery and reload the image. Hope you all can view it.

The colour of the rubra haven't really shown out much, probably it is still young I guess.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Ah Zhan!

I've always had a soft spot for wild bettas. It's good to see the Betta Club dedicating a section just to show case them. Previously, Betta Club was just about show bettas and their focus was on color and finnage of the breed species. I think it's a long overdue change and a good one in the right direction.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice selection of wild bettas at the BCS booth, but what got my attention was that tank full of "freshwater brine shrimp". They are most probably fairy shrimp instead. But interesting nonetheless.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    brine |brīn| noun water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt.

Freshwater brine strikes me as rather impossible And i couldn't help but notice the distinct lack of B. pugnax. You'd think the local betta club would have a local betta no?
    Last edited by Quixotic; 3rd Jun 2007 at 20:01. Reason: Remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by XnSdVd View Post
    brine |brīn| noun water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt.

Freshwater brine strikes me as rather impossible And i couldn't help but notice the distinct lack of B. pugnax. You'd think the local betta club would have a local betta no?
    Thats probably because all the pugnax always end up in your tank! Ha ha.. just joking. Well, its just that they don't have a pair to showcase at that time.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Thanks Ah Zhan!

I've always had a soft spot for wild bettas. It's good to see the Betta Club dedicating a section just to show case them. Previously, Betta Club was just about show bettas and their focus was on color and finnage of the breed species. I think it's a long overdue change and a good one in the right direction.

Cheers,
    Welcome benny.

In fact, several members like hwchoy and your photographs of various wild bettas is half the reason that I got interested into wild bettas. The other half of the reason, of course, is happen to witness these fishes personally in lfs like Eco-culture.

Nevertheless, there is still a pair of B.Rubra dwelling in the Great Hall..and the pair look kind of special in terms of colouration and such. Let's wait for Azmi to post picture and show us his prized possession-- B.Rubra lor.