1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Tips for conditioning new shrimps in your tanks

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Below are how i acclimatise any newly purchased shrimp into my tank. my method may or may not work for some but it is definitely working well for me. just sharing it to all.

1. 3-4hrs before collecting my shrimp i will do a 10% water change with aged water
    2. i will then pour out the newly collected shrimps with the existing water into my external satellite box.
    3. using drip method of 2 drops per seconds to slowly acclimatise them. i will turn off my LED tank light so as not to cause further stress to the shrimps. i will then let the drip process continues for 4hrs / color of the shrimps return.
    4. use a net then quickly transfer the shrimps into the tank. keep the lights off and refrain from feeding them for 24hrs. allowing them to get use to the tank and you should slowly see them grazing the soil

so far had been using this method of bluebolt, bkk and have 100% survival rate. hope it helps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Tips for conditioning new shrimps in your tanks

All my fire red and other shrimps usually jus float for a while then pour water in.
    Worst is only one casualty out of 50pcs.

If more expensive types , pour water using a clean tau Huay plastic container from your own aquarium into the plastic bag for transporting shrimps. Every 15mins pour in abt 10ml to 15ml. Do it for one or two hrs(4 to 8 times respectively) depending on yr schedule.
    In this way, there shd be zero casualties with such acclimizating method.

But nowadays I realise the tap water even with anti chlorimanie and good water conditioner, fishes and shrimps start dying after WC... Is there a change in chemicals contents added in water to our homes?

Alan
    Give Man A Fish , U Feed Him A Day
    Teach Him How To Fish & U'll Feed Him A Lifetime
    ~ www.TropicalFisherMan.blogspot.com ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123