Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Green everyday!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    News from 'The Star' (June 4, 2007): "Right after graduation two years ago, Regina Cheah was offered a plum job as researcher in her father's company, a sizeable pay cheque and a free ride to work in the director's car.

To her father's horror, she politely declined, preferring to save forests and rivers by becoming a project co-ordinator with a non-governmental organisation called Global Environmental Centre (GEC) instead."

More, here:

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story...715&sec=nation
    Wanna see Borneo? Just click...http://junglemikey.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well...it just goes to show that every little bit helps. You don't have to save whales and dolphins for a start, but just the little things.

Actually, as fish keepers, I sometimes do feel guilty about the water we throw out when we do a water change. If I have a garden, I can still use it to water plants. But unfortunately, I don't. Thoughts or comments on this?

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    All my fish water goes to plants Benny...
    As for Cheah... good for her.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Mine too...

I have like 20 over soda bottles (and increasing), which I will fill up each time I do water change, my wife will then slowly use the water for her plants. On top of that, I have a Toyogo plastic box which I use to store water from water change, I will sometimes soak driftwood in it, I make sure I have 1 or 2 pieces of longkang fish in it to prevent mozzies.

At one stage, I was contemplating getting those huge blue plastic tub with lid to store the used water so I don't have to use soda bottle, but I haven't got the time to go buy it. Found out from a fellow hobbyist here that they can be found at some shops along Kelantan lane.

BTW, I don't have a garden either, the water is used to water 5 potted plants which we have at our corridor.
    - eric