Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by hii View Post
    I once having this white thingy on the bogwood, and it stink .. I sifon it out manually twice a week and it grow back again.. so dont really care and just let the moss grow.. guess what .. after a week or 2 than it automatic gone.

I only have 2 cherry shrimp in their but now whole bogwood fully cover by moss.

I having lot problem when i start my new tank at new home which never see before, green water, water leaking and etc .. I was thinking maybe bad feng shui lor.. but I didn't give up.

The more you see the more you learn, don't give up.
    Hi bro,

Do you still have any of the balanse for sale?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hii View Post
    I once having this white thingy on the bogwood, and it stink .. I sifon it out manually twice a week and it grow back again.. so dont really care and just let the moss grow.. guess what .. after a week or 2 than it automatic gone.

I only have 2 cherry shrimp in their but now whole bogwood fully cover by moss.

I having lot problem when i start my new tank at new home which never see before, green water, water leaking and etc .. I was thinking maybe bad feng shui lor.. but I didn't give up.

The more you see the more you learn, don't give up.
    I think maybe is deal to the oto sae and pleco inside my tank...now I have a royal pleco inside there some more...I m really looking for trouble.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen chung View Post
    Hi bro,

Do you still have any of the balanse for sale?
    Stephen, try in the buy/sell forums instead.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen chung View Post
    I think maybe is deal to the oto sae and pleco inside my tank...now I have a royal pleco inside there some more...I m really looking for trouble.
    Personally from what I have experienced, I placed in handful of 'ghost' shrimps to clear up the fungus on the bogwood, they served as a dual purpose for my tank, 1. clear up the fungus, 2. discus food.

You shouldn't be too concerned about the fungus actually, that will go away when your bogwood is more seasoned.

As for mosses, if you have mosses such as taiwan moss, it is not advisable to have SAEs in there. From what I've noticed for my tank, peacock/spiky moss seems to be SAE-safe. They clean the mosses instead of chewing them up.

Otos in general don't do damage to flora or in your case, the moss. Can't really comment on the royal pleco though.
    visit my photo albums @ flickr!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have 2 golden SAE (never eat my moss and very hardworking) and 1 sucker fish (pleco ??) also working very hard to clean my tank and surprisingly it grow bigger just in my tank for 3-4 months.

Tried on SAE .. think just rubbish fish, fighting for fish food with my cardinal and eat moss too...give away all last time.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hmmmm...looks like I need to get rid of the SAE 1st and get some golden SAE..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmmm.... so, it's my water flow rate... thanks a lot man... I'll change my direction of water flow then and see what happens...

It's been a week now and i think it's time to get my shrimps now (red cherry shrimps).. then, i'll add in bumblebees too

Hey reader, do the octus suck up those fungus ?
    will the shrimps' movements on top of the moss make the 'dust' away?
    Will shrimps eat those fungus grown on my DW ?

Hmmm.. i'll let time deal with it....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yes..you right zenscape... may i know where can i find weeping moss and peacock moss.. now in my tank. i have ..taiwan , mini taiwan , erect, flame, java, spiky, moss ball and a rare type of moss this was what the shop told me... it a kind of hair moss from u.s.... 4 cm by 4 cm cost 30 buck....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Problem with keeping Moss

Too bright for the mosses brother...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123