Country
    Singapore

Wink Hi AQ users! Kelvin here

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello Everybody!

Just switched from my marine tank to freshwater aquarium- My first love.
    However, this is my first time trying out planted tanks...
    As conversed with reebok4190 off-line and via email... I have much to learn!

My other hobbies:
    Sports and most ball games.
    Currently favorite past time is playing with my daughter. Aren't children adorable when they are young?

My tank is a wall-mounted tank. (2.5 ft x 1.5 ft x 4 inches ) Didn't do enough homework and now have plenty limitations to deal with for this hobby to last.
    Kekeke

I will try to figure out how to attach pictures for you guys to see.... also new to Forums (esp posting photos to threads) and other IT stuff.

Currently, I frequent the AQ's Marketplace to buy a few stuff for my tank from AQ users... or do we call ourselves AQ Bros? What about the ladies? AQ Siss-es Wahahaha

So far, my experience with AQ has been fantastic! Most are keen to hear my tank woes and give suggestions to help. I hope to meet you guys one day.

By the way, are there regular AQ outings/ gatherings?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello Kelvin,

This is by far one of the most "happy/friendly" introductions I've seen so far!

We do have outings once in a while. Do look out for them. Otherwise, just arrange one with a few fellow members for a romp to the nearby LFS.

To make the best use of our forums, read these first.

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...splay.php?f=10

We do have female members, but they are usually very quiet. So you don't normally see them till gatherings. Somehow, the ratio of female to male fishkeepers in Singapore still seems to be lower than most other countries. Strange.

Welcome to AQ and I wish you success in your freshwater setup.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Kelvin, welcome!

Here's another forumer (I am used to this term ) with a wall-mounted tank. Maybe can exchange tips.
    See http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=29952

Enjoy your stay. I have 2 daughters. Double adorable!
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Hello Kelvin,

This is by far one of the most "happy/friendly" introductions I've seen so far!

We do have outings once in a while. Do look out for them. Otherwise, just arrange one with a few fellow members for a romp to the nearby LFS.

To make the best use of our forums, read these first.

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...splay.php?f=10

We do have female members, but they are usually very quiet. So you don't normally see them till gatherings. Somehow, the ratio of female to male fishkeepers in Singapore still seems to be lower than most other countries. Strange.

Welcome to AQ and I wish you success in your freshwater setup.

Cheers,
    Thanks for the welcome and reference. I will check it out.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Okay!! After a quick tutorial (I think they call this e-learning) with Benny,
    Here it goes... Pic One (wall mount tank)
    Last edited by Saints; 6th Jun 2007 at 14:49. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by juggler View Post
    Hi Kelvin, welcome!

Here's another forumer (I am used to this term ) with a wall-mounted tank. Maybe can exchange tips.
    See http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=29952

Enjoy your stay. I have 2 daughters. Double adorable!
    Two daughters you say? Two thumbs up
    I will check with this forumer how he/she keeps the tank cool and the lighting used. That's my immediate concern right now.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi very warm welcome saints.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Thumbs up

Firstly, Kelvin, Welcome to a VERY GOOD Family of planted tank Lovers here. The guidance given by the big brothers here are surperb!!

Outings, yes there is one coming up on the 160607. Meeting place is c328. You can check the details in the field trips and excursion section.

I have also got 2 daughters(second one due 060707). still learning from the experts here.

Cheers!!
    Last edited by benny; 6th Jun 2007 at 23:50.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Kelvin,

Welcome to AQ. We are namesakes.

Hmm... it appears that many of our AQ forumers have daughters! Ha! Ha! Maybe there is a correlation between this hobby and having daughters? Guess that I'll know when it is my turn.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Sheesh.... work is really keeping me away from my hobby

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalreds View Post
    hi very warm welcome saints.
    Hi Hi Crystalreds. I suppose you also keep shrimps. If so, I am beginning to believe that AQ bros and sis-es keep shrimps than fishes.

Aren't CRS and other shrimps difficult to rear?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    Firstly, Kelvin, Welcome to a VERY GOOD Family of planted tank Lovers here. The guidance given by the big brothers here are surperb!!

Outings, yes there is one coming up on the 160607. Meeting place is c328. You can check the details in the field trips and excursion section.

I have also got 2 daughters(second one due 060707). still learning from the experts here.

Cheers!!
    (Shoots up hand) I agree, I agree! AQ Big Bros are really nice...
    2nd Daughter coming soon? Next week some more! Kongsi kongsi!! Are you ready for the sleepless nights again? HAhaha...
    Macham army guard duty.... TURN OUT, TURN OUT!!!... Actually time to wipe backside and feeding only!

Quote Originally Posted by FishFan View Post
    Hey Kelvin,

Hmm... it appears that many of our AQ forumers have daughters! Ha! Ha! Maybe there is a correlation between this hobby and having daughters? Guess that I'll know when it is my turn.

Hey Kelvin! Boys or Girls, I am fine for either!
    As long as the child is healthy and normal, it is already wonderful! A blessing from God.

Gone are the days where the male gender is more sought after. I am very happy just to be a dad....still can remember my daughter popped out. It was amazing!! (tears srtarting to well up my eyes already) Ask any parent about their experience of the birth of their first born... But that just the start, we are learning to be parents every day!

When it is your turn to be a parent, I hope that you already done the following:
    1) Found a life partner
    2) Get married to this partner
    3) Agree to have baby/ babies with this partner
    4) Make priorities for this baby with partner

Hopefully in this sequence! Sometimes the young uns don't keep to this chronological order anymore. Too many shot-guns incidents..

Enough talk about babies... let's talk about plants and fishy-ies!! Hey this AQ! Is it not?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Kelvin,

I've done 1 - 4. Just waiting to be done with my Masters and then go back to Singapore.

Yup! Let's get back to the hobby!
    Sheesh.... work is really keeping me away from my hobby

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by FishFan View Post
    Hey Kelvin,

Oops... out of topic posts all censored! No worries.... we 'll talk about children another time.

I have a question to all AQ forumers:
    How often do you guys change your aquascape?
    I have been changing mine three time in 6months!! Each time I go to NA and Colourful to stock up. Am I obsessive?
    My wife seems a little sad... I think I'm spending too much time with the tank. Gotta do all these tinkling when the wife's asleep or away from home. kekeke

As I am not able to post any new threads in AQ Marketplace (still a newbie), can I ask anybody in AQ who have Ada Soil for sale or give away? I can't buy it from the LFS as they only sell a full packet or half. My wall mount tank only needs ...erm.. .a quarter of the bag that LFSs sell.

Apparently, Ada Soil is also a important item in planted tanks. Is this so? Is it to be used on top of gravel or use ada soil only? Anybody mixes it up? Hehehe... I'm such a newbie!!

By the way, besides the gathering on 16th, do we have guys who cycle around to LFS in Punggol/ SK Areas? I don't have a car and feel a little paiseh to tong pang others' cars for the whole excursion. Also like a good work out to cycle.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Kelvin,

In case you are not aware, you can start threads in the marketplace if you wish. No restrictions to active members at all.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Kelvin, kindly post your question to the relevant sub forums I believe by doing so, you will have your questions answered faster

To answer your question :

How often do you guys change your aquascape?
    I have been changing mine three time in 6months!! Each time I go to NA and Colourful to stock up. Am I obsessive?
    My wife seems a little sad... I think I'm spending too much time with the tank. Gotta do all these tinkling when the wife's asleep or away from home. kekeke
    It depends on individual. You are not obessive but just that you gotten the newbie bug. You will just buy whatever things you see. You will grow out of that phase.

As I am not able to post any new threads in AQ Marketplace (still a newbie), can I ask anybody in AQ who have Ada Soil for sale or give away? I can't buy it from the LFS as they only sell a full packet or half. My wall mount tank only needs ...erm.. .a quarter of the bag that LFSs sell.
    Just surf through the market place. I believe there might be someone selling small quantity or giving it free of charge.

Apparently, Ada Soil is also a important item in planted tanks. Is this so? Is it to be used on top of gravel or use ada soil only? Anybody mixes it up? Hehehe... I'm such a newbie!!
    Search the forum, I believe someone posted a similar question.

By the way, besides the gathering on 16th, do we have guys who cycle around to LFS in Punggol/ SK Areas? I don't have a car and feel a little paiseh to tong pang others' cars for the whole excursion. Also like a good work out to cycle.
    Post in gatheirng forum and who knows maybe some of the members might be keen
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints View Post
    Don't think there are many LFS in Punggol and Seng Kang areas. The usual farms are in Pasir Ris and LCK. Moreover, car is way more convenient than bike if you happen to buy some stuff. Don't need to paiseh. Just come down for the gathering on the 16th!
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Kelvin,

In case you are not aware, you can start threads in the marketplace if you wish. No restrictions to active members at all.

Cheers,
    Thanks! I think it may be another AQ forum that I tried .... Will try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt View Post
    Kelvin, kindly post your question to the relevant sub forums I believe by doing so, you will have your questions answered faster

To answer your question :

It depends on individual. You are not obessive but just that you gotten the newbie bug. You will just buy whatever things you see. You will grow out of that phase.

Just surf through the market place. I believe there might be someone selling small quantity or giving it free of charge.

Search the forum, I believe someone posted a similar question.

Post in gatheirng forum and who knows maybe some of the members might be keen

Yes Sir!! Will try all these out.

Quote Originally Posted by valice View Post
    Don't think there are many LFS in Punggol and Seng Kang areas. The usual farms are in Pasir Ris and LCK. Moreover, car is way more convenient than bike if you happen to buy some stuff. Don't need to paiseh. Just come down for the gathering on the 16th!
    Somebody told me that there is one LFS at Jln Kayu. True?
    I go to Jln Kayu (visit old folks at Ju Eng Home) once a month but don't see any. Unless, it is a fish farm off a minor road....

Will try to make it on 16th. I have a little difficulty to attend such outings if they last a whole day. A 18-month old difficulty! Worse come to worst.... I rent a car and then you guys join me, my wife and my ..erm... 'bubbily' daughter!!
    Last edited by Wackytpt; 12th Jun 2007 at 12:50.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I'm back!

Hi Forumers! Just to update you guys... I have just gotten a car. After much contemplation and calculations, my wife and I thought it was the right time to pamper ourselves. We've been lugging the baby pram, baby stuff, personal belongings etc by public transport for almost 2 years....

Anyway, guess where was the first I explored with the car? Drove around Jln Kayu to find the fish farm.... finally found it!! Bought plenty of fishies, plants and other stuff from 'Sea View' and another place opposite it. Really enjoyed the experience. Maybe it was retail therapy too.

Just want to tell you guys that I still enjoy using AQ, since the last posting. Learning plenty and still yearning for more exciting experiences with AQ. Hey! Since the Jln Kayu farms are near my place (considering that I am now a car-owner and air pollutant! ), feel free to give me a call to meet up or go 'lim kopi or la-teh' (* hokkein dialect for chilling out) after a visit to these farms. Weekday late afternoons before 7pm is good.

Hey! Bros in Whampoa, Balestier and Toa Payoh areas (where I work), if you need quotations for any item or product from Sea View, I can get it for you and even purchase the item/s for you... We can meet at our newly renovated hawker centre. Call me a delivery man to AQ users in this area! Kekeke