Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Setting up a terrarium

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I am looking a tank about 1 1/2 foot in length and is diagonally cut on the top to let plants grow out, any suggestions where I can get such a tank. Was at Sam Yick's Aquarium the other day and they had one for display, unfortuantely it was not for sale.

Alternatively, I am thinking of a large shallow pot with plants all around the perimeter filled with aquaclay and a small little "pond" in the centre.

Which would you recommend?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    For the first option, you can try calling the tank makers and brief them on your design as well as a quotation. Most likely it'll cost more than the second option. For maintenance wise it'll be easier for the first one as it'll be partially enclosed and humidity will be hover around 70% depending on which part of the house you're placing it.

As for the second option, it's a much more economical and practical way but do beware of breeding mosquitoes. You might have to change the water every now and then and as long as it's stagnant water, chances of having mosquitoes around can prove to be a costly mistake.

At the end of the day, it's up to you to make the choice as to how often you're willing to do water changes and not have any danger (mosquitoes) to yourself and your family.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Phillipe.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You have made a convincing choice for me to do the tank, thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.