Country
    Singapore

My Trip to LFS in Tokyo and Beijing

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello folks,

Though of sharing this. Last month was in Tokyo and got some time going about some LFS.

Tokyo:
    With the help of Ranmasatome giving directions, I was able to find my way to Pau Pau Aquarium, AN aquarium and Aqua Forest. (Thank you bro, my apologies if I did not received your emails to get fishes. No further instruction from you so did not get any) I was tempted too! the fishes really nice!

As what Ranmasatome mentioned to me, the fishes indeed are nicer (healthy and vibrant looking) but $$$! A neon tetra can cost around $10 Sing dollars! some specise never seen before

Although this is not my first time going to the LFS in Tokyo but it is a delight to visit some I have not been. My favorite among those I went goes to Aqua Forest. At least the Assistance Manager - Hatta San, speaks some english enough for us to comunicate. With some help from him, I got the ADA mini tank set. I lugged the tank on board flight and shipped the lights stand. Yet to have time to set it up.

Beijing:
    After I am back from Tokyo. Got to head for Beijing on a working trip. Managed to navigate to a wholesale market for Aquarium and pets staff! You will be surprised by what they have there! Many plants and very nice fishes. Comparable to those I seen in Tokyo! The prices in Singapore is still cheaper in comparison but we loose out in quality.

Sad.. we may be the 2nd largest exported of ornament fishes but good and special species are exported and local do not benefit them! Hmmm.. Hopefully, they do see the market demand here and willingness to pay the $ for it.

The equipment are cheap! Those solenoid CO2 regulator are going at about half Singapore prices and I am referring to same make and model. Like JBJ etc... Anyway, it is made in China. Got some ADA fertiliser at very good price there too!

Don't ask me how I get there, some local brought me and I cannot read chinese well. Next time I will get them write me the address. Only know it is within Beijing central area. My advise, never use the loo there! You may faint inside! I have been to bad ones but this is the worst in my life.

Thanks for reading this long story.
    Last edited by benny; 9th Jun 2007 at 14:24. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quite enjoyable! By the way, have you taken any photos during the trip?

The Happiest of people don't neccessary have the best of everything;
    they just make the most of everything that comes along their way

When will there be 25 letters in the alphabets?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The one in Beijing loosely translate into "flower, bird, fish market". In every major Chinese city, there seems to be one.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Haha.. when i gave directions i didn't even know if you could understand them so i tried to be as detailed as possible..glad it worked out for you and you had a fun time at the shops. Next time if got more time you should visit the ones that area a little more "out of town", these usually because of the cheaper rent and all are much larger!! and i enjoy them more on a whole.. but then see fish arleady got nothing much else to see unless you know where the quirky places are..haha..

Anyway, i'm going back soon so its okay la.. can bring the fishes back on my own...and i'm going to visit a REALLY big fish place.. heard from some friends that its a really good one.. but must travel about 45mins to 1hr out of tokyo...
    Post some pictures...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Would that be Tokyo Sun Marine? I was there but take note that it's closed one of the days.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Haha.. Tokyo sun marine is one of the stops (Closed on mondays).. but it isn't this one..apparently this one, during the summer, has outdoor pools of fish.. i can't wait to see.. its like a miniature farm...kekeke..
    And their Hyphessobrycon epicharis are cheap!! i'm going to invest in a ton of them!! hahaha..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

I did not take any pics of the LFS in Beijing and Tokyo.

Hi Ranmasatome,

I actually was looking for Aqua Zoom. The owner Miura San used to locate in Ginza near Pau Pau area. But was inform by Hatta San of Aqua Forest that he has moved to outer area of Tokyo which will require about 45 mins to 1 hour to get to him. I visited and bought my 20cm seamless Cube tank from him 10 years ago. He is also featured in Aqua Journal many time. I think he uses almost all ADA stuffs. Are you going to this? Hatta San wrote me the address but I cannot interpret it thus did not go. Afriad getting lost!

Anyway, hope we can meet up some day as I always enjoy going to Japan. Food, culture, shopping and most importantly... Aquarium!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wah! You are a true ADA fan! Another ADA tank? An all-ADA setup again?
    Look forward to pics of it after you set it up.

ck

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by CK Yeo View Post
    Wah! You are a true ADA fan! Another ADA tank? An all-ADA setup again?
    Look forward to pics of it after you set it up.

ck
    Hi,

This will be another all ADA set-up except for its CO2 system and filter. Managed to get my hands on the mini intake and outlet pipe.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Haha.. how to get lost?? always got the yamanote line what.. sure can find way back one..

Anyway...heard got a few summer sales when i go back..keke...have to go take a look liao.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all, sorry for digging up an old thread....

is aqua forest still located at its original location in the subway? Visited them in 2002... when they just moved to the subway...

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah, its still there.