Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What a breeding season!!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all! Recently my fish are in breeding mode. My discus has their 3rd batch of fries and my A.Mac, A.Tri, A.borolli, ram and Candidi also spwaning. My panda cory has just have their 2nd spwan and now my adolphi cory spwan at the coner of my fish tank. Man I was damm busy and all my tanks are going to burst. I was hopping for my L046 and L177 to spwan but so far no sign of it[] . Is it the weather that make these fishes behave like that??? I am wondering they suppose to have dry season (warmer & low water level) and wet season (cooler & high water level with prenty of food). But with a water change weekly and water level the same. How can this trigger the spwaning mode of these fish? Anyone know why? [:0]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Kunner i can't explain this too but my fishes breed bout 1wk earlier then yours but still today found new cluthes of eggs for my A.tri .
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    hi any 'discus' fries to donate? email me [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I guess it's due to kunner who is also being busy and giving them lots of privatcy which reduce stress and induce spawning!
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Simon, too bad I can't find any fish pono in market or in the web[] either I fed them any food to make them hony.... but I think bene is right, don't even have time to look at them and some of the tank are covered with thick layer of green algea and no time to clean them Maybe this give them a lot of privacy.[:]

kunner: maybe they learn from their owner lah!! heh heh..... wait... but then my fishes all seem like impotent like that... damn....[] []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I don't quite understand can someone elaborate further?[][]
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    think it's the weather
    my gourami are making a lot of noises at night, especially when it's raining

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 9/6/2002 5:54:42 PM

kunner: maybe they learn from their owner lah!! heh heh..... wait... but then my fishes all seem like impotent like that... damn....[] []
    ----------------
    haha! maybe your fish learn from its owner also ???
    haha no offence just joking!

ken

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kunner, my steelblue apisto pair also bred a few days ago. now the mom's herding her fry around in their personal tank. i'm in the same spot as u are cos i dun quite have the time to take care of the tanks. haven't done a water change for quite some time. their personal tank's almost overgrown with green and brown algae, especially on the anubias leaves and u can see the babies picking on the algae mat. guess they just love it.

oh yeah, the weather's working wonders nowadays. the temperature keeps changing, just like in nature. cos the fish start breeding when it's the rainy season, when the rivers flood the surrounding forest. thats the trigger for the fish to breed. and when u do water changes and in effect use a rain bar to create a rippling effect, it mimics the rain and causes the corys to breed.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Very bad new.....my agazi Tefe just breed, saw the female lay eggs on the nana leave. That's it man! Maybe must have to get one mini tank tomrow... []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hahahaaaa, complain complain.. when nothin happens, u guys complain, when things happen, oso do the same

btw, allen's checkerboard bred.. according to Gan

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yap ! thought all the fries kenna makan by the tankmates BUT yesterday I saw quite a bit of them still swimming at the bottom ! and the mum was busy chasing away all those buaya !.
    Well ! look like the change in weather have done us good !. My 3rd batch ( 4 to 5 eggs )of L046 have just hatched, the 2nd batch babies ( abt 4 pcs ) are swimming and playing hide and seek with me. My Dwarf farlowella fries ( abt 20 pcs ) are doing ok. Hope everything stay that way ! []. Look like I oso have to get spare 2' tank !. WTS WTG 2' tank anyone ? Cheers []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh ! Yah ! another thing ! Should I or shouldn't I transfer the checkerboard fries to a nursery tank ? Apisto guru Simon ! give me a thinker ! Xie Xie ! [] []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i cant even breed my checkerboard, how to give u pointers? [] hmmmm.... maybe becoz I have all males in my 4ft..kekekee... shld be easy to care for allen...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    Good to hear that the fish are spawning.
    On the subject why you guys are having a spawing season might have something to do with air pressure.
    If you have a baramoter you can check, usually when the pressure drops it indicates or make fish think the season is changing (to wet season) and make them spawn.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 9/9/2002 8:26:14 AM

i cant even breed my checkerboard, how to give u pointers? [] hmmmm.... maybe becoz I have all males in my 4ft..kekekee... shld be easy to care for allen...
    ----------------
    Simon ! Gan still got plenty of female ! [] abt time u get " some partners " for those " guys " [] !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    most of the female r 'virgin' harder to ID them, especially in his tank

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 9/7/2002 2:19:51 AM

think it's the weather
    my gourami are making a lot of noises at night, especially when it's raining

----------------
    Croaking gouramis? Making moaning noises?

My apistos not doing their work. Must also be due to weather, a few weeks back the females of 3 pairs (Panduro, Borellii, Agassizii) all died within one week.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast