Images
    Country
    Singapore

blue tack

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    can I use blue tack or other similar plasticine-like substance inside the water column? I am still trying to figure the best way of attaching a steel mesh (with moss) closely to the glass. Suction pads are far too big (gap between the glass and mesh).

Have seen another way is to staple the mesh to a styrofoam background. But how do I attach the styrofoam on the glass with the water already in?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

blue tack

can I use blue tack or other similar plasticine-like substance inside the water column? I am still trying to figure the best way of attaching a steel mesh (with moss) closely to the glass. Suction pads are far too big (gap between the glass and mesh).

Have seen another way is to staple the mesh to a styrofoam background. But how do I attach the styrofoam on the glass with the water already in?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

blue tack

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

blue tack

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'll be uncomfortable using blue tack in my tank. Have you seen the oil patch left on paper after you peel off blue tack?

You can use silicon. Make sure you get aquarium safe silicon.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    mmm… the tank is filled already, is there a way to apply silicone under water? what about removal?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Drain away 1/2 the water, put in the styrofoam background and silicon it.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

choy: just make a small square cut in the side of the mesh, squeeze the suction pad head into the square cut then as for the sides of mesh, use pliers and bend it into a curve so when you finally stick it on, the curve will cover the lobang. Another way is to use pliers and pull the side of the mesh up first so when the suction pad is put there, it is pressing the upraised mesh onto the glass.... confused?

suction pad side view
    ------
    I I
    ---------------

side view of upraised edge
    - so this edge gets pinned
    ---/ -------

this worked for me, I used a combi of the 2 above methods. fishes don't get in, BUT shrimps do, which is good cuz they maintain it from algae. and water is free to go in and thru the mesh, I think good for moss.

PS sorry can't get the diagram above to load right. sigh....