Thread: Lights for a 3 x 2 x 2 Tanks.

Feedback Score

Lights for a 3 x 2 x 2 Tanks.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Marine Aquarist,

- Kindly please advise what are the lights (How many watts and what are the kind of colour combination for a Reef tank) to be used for a 3ft x 2Ft x 2Ft Reef Tank.

- It does not matter to me what should the exact combination should be, if you have a nice lighting combination, kindly please share with me. I just need to roughly know how the combinaton should be for a Reef Tank. Is it 1 white, 1 pink / 1 blue or any other combinations ?

Thanks

Cheers
    Marlin

Feedback Score

Hi Marine Aquarist,

- Kindly please advise what are the lights (How many watts and what are the kind of colour combination for a Reef tank) to be used for a 3ft x 2Ft x 2Ft Reef Tank.

- It does not matter to me what should the exact combination should be, if you have a nice lighting combination, kindly please share with me. I just need to roughly know how the combinaton should be for a Reef Tank. Is it 1 white, 1 pink / 1 blue or any other combinations ?

Thanks

Cheers
    Marlin

Feedback Score

Hi Marine Aquarist,

Thanks

Cheers
    Marlin

Feedback Score

Hi Marine Aquarist,

Thanks

Cheers
    Marlin

Mine is quite close to your tank's dimension: 34” (L) x 18” (B) x 21” (H)=55.726 Gallons. I have 2 x 150w DE HQI 10k, 2 x 30w actinics and 1 x 9w blue(moonlight).

That works out to be 6.625 W/G. I have been able to keep most of the corals quite successfully with this light combination.

Hope this helps!

Feedback Score
    Hi Cedric,

- Thanks for your advise. Can I check wih you if :
    1) 2 x 150W DE HQI 10,000K is White Light ?
    2) Sorry, but may I know what is the 2 x 30W Actinics lights ? What is the purpose and colour of it ?

Thanks alot,

Cheers
    Marlin

Hi,

yes, the 10K lights are the daylight. The 2 x 30 watts are actinics floursent lights. 3 feet length. Actinics has several functions. Asthetically, it makes the water look more blue, and brings out the floursence in the corals. Practically, it contributes to some extent the necessary spectrum needed by the corals.

Hope this helps!