Country
    Singapore

Wipe out!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    *sigh*

any advice on a diseased community in a 3ft tank? One by one my fishes died...from 100 neon to 1, 10 cardinals to 0, 4 coolie loach to 0, 50 rummy nose to 30, my expensive 'flat, sting-like' loach died, 15 cherry barb to 7, one of my otto died of bloated belly, 1 of my puffer turned black (black disease right? reason?)

everyone of them died having their internal parts being red in colour...wat's that called?

I bought Ocean Free 'O' Disease yesterday & place it...so far so good lah...5 days once a dosage of 1ml per 10L...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    probably need more info before a diagnoses can be made. how mature is your tank, this isn't new tatnk syndrome right?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi illumnae,

I think its been 3 weeks, half of it was brought over from my old mature 2 ft planted tank. I guess the diseases were brought over by my lack of discipline in not netting the new fishes in after acclimatising them!

Is it this disease? then must have frequent water change

Name : Septicaemias

Signs of infection :
    Reddish patches appear on the skin anywhere on the body.

Fish Affected :
    All aquarium fish are suspectable.

Details of infection :
    Caused by a bacterial infection manifesting in weakened fish. The infection spreads quickly and fish do not survive long.
    The bacteria usually occurs when poor environmental conditions prevail.

Treatment :
    Frequent water changes usually prevent the disease however, outbreaks can be controlled by application of a commercial anti-bacterial remedy even when infection appears advanced.

Hi illumnae,
    I think its been 3 weeks, half of it was brought over from my old mature 2 ft planted tank. I guess the diseases were brought over by my lack of discipline in not netting the new fishes in after acclimatising them!
    Last edited by benny; 21st Jun 2007 at 23:10. Reason: merge posts

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How big is your current tank now? 2ft still?
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    its 3ft now

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by az_jedi7 View Post
    I think its been 3 weeks, half of it was brought over from my old mature 2 ft planted tank.
    You added all the fishes together? I counted +-180 fishes, which I think is really stretching your bioload, even for a mature tank. I have a feeling that it is ammonia poisoning that did you in.

Regardless, stop adding any fishes for now, perform a large water change and allow some time for your tank to settle down, say for about another 3 weeks. Then consider adding your fishes batch by batch, monthly apart, but do watch the fish count. Less is more.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Quixotic,

yup that's wat i'm guessing as the water smell...i changed half once & followe by 3 days continuous 1/3 WC...so far the smell has reduced...about the fishes...yup...stopped for now...my wife & I went on a buying spree dat time!!! heh

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wah...180+ fishes in a 3ft tank....I think the bioload is really really high.