Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Greetings From a Dormant Member!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Greetings From a Dormant Member!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone! I'm back! I don't see a lot of familiar posters in this forum that were around when I first started, but I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas with the current forumners!
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Lighthammer,

Welcome back to AQ! It's always good to see a returning member.

So tell us a bit about your current setup and what happened from then till now. We would love to know.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Benny. My current setup is a 3x2x2 tank, running on a Eheim 2028 with injected Co2. I've had this tank for about 3 years. Changed from my 3x1.5x1.5 after the bracing gave way. So far so good.

I have torn down and rescaped about 8 times these years. But funnily enough, ever since I changed to a full Seachem Onyx substrate, my plants don't seem to be doing as well as when I used aquatic compost and lapis. I don't know why also but I intend to dose more on Seachem Flourish. Maybe that will help.

I have a chiller lying in storage which I intend to hook up but unfortunately, I don't have a clue on how to do so due to the difference in pipe and hose diameters. I have a couple of ideas in my head but no time to scape so I hope that by the end of the year, I can manage to do so.
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    LightHammer, you could use hose reducer to connect 2 different size hose.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey BFG! Thanks for the tip. Do these hose reducers come in various sizes? And where are they available? The local hardware shop don't carry them...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You could try looking for hose reducers at the LFS. I've seen them at QianHu so I guess you can try C328.