Images
    Country
    Australia

What size powerhead I need for catfish tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I like to know what size powerhead I need for my 3'X2'X20" tank. Currently it has trickle filter system with water in take and outtake at the top of the tank. It's connected to Eheim pump 1250ltr/hour.
    It's hardly have any water movement at the bottom. I know I need to install a powerhead at the botton of the tank to increase the circulation.
    What I like to know is what size of pump I need. Will 2000ltrs/hour too much?
    Again Akoh can you comment?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia

I like to know what size powerhead I need for my 3'X2'X20" tank. Currently it has trickle filter system with water in take and outtake at the top of the tank. It's connected to Eheim pump 1250ltr/hour.
    It's hardly have any water movement at the bottom. I know I need to install a powerhead at the botton of the tank to increase the circulation.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ikan , try the Rena C40 - beli good !, I'm currently using this for my 4'L046 breeding tank ! cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks Akoh,
    I will probably use the EHEIM 1250, if I can hide it that is. If not I'll get the C40.
    How do you position the pump? do you direct the flow toward the caves etc.
    Any picture?

Thanks again Akoh.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    How do you position the pump? do you direct the flow toward the caves etc.
    Any picture?
    ----------------
    Ikan, I positioned my C40 at 3/4 of tank height, at this position you'll be able to get some surface water movement as well as " underwater current ". Do not direct the flow toward the " cave " ! too stressful for mating ! [].
    Soli no pictures coz' still skipping meals to buy a D/camera []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks Akoh.
    I think I am going to put the pump on the bottom since it already has enough surface movement from the trickle filter.
    I tried it last night, the cories and SAE loved it. Tonight I'll fix it properly and I have to move some of the fish out like angelfish and apistos. They weren't to happy when I had the pump on.
    I see you like diving? Just went snorkeling last month to Ningaloo reef, north west australia. Wasn't the right time for whale shark dive and still good snorkeling.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 9/13/2002 9:08:30 AM

I see you like diving? Just went snorkeling last month to Ningaloo reef, north west australia. Wasn't the right time for whale shark dive and still good snorkeling.
    ----------------
    ikan, yeap ! have been diving since 1982, had dived with whale shark in many countries like similan Island, Malaysia, Indonesia etc BUT not in oz !. Been trying to plan a trip to Exxmouth BUT in the end have to KIV coz' my dive kakis have other plan lah ! well ! majority win !, maybe next year ! Cheers ! []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !