Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Plants in small tank

Feedback Score

Plants in small tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    guys , sorry i posted so many. i'm really a newbie at rearing fishes. anyway my question is "i have no lighting , can i still have plants in my tank ? its a small tank about 1.5feet and i wana add soil and pebbles on the ground with a few plants. Any plants you guys can intro?" thanks.

Feedback Score

Plants in small tank

guys , sorry i posted so many. i'm really a newbie at rearing fishes. anyway my question is "i have no lighting , can i still have plants in my tank ? its a small tank about 1.5feet and i wana add soil and pebbles on the ground with a few plants. Any plants you guys can intro?" thanks.

Feedback Score

Plants in small tank

Feedback Score

Plants in small tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    same thing: just consider lighting and co2. if none, then you end up going with low light plants.

if got, then just put foreground type plants.

Feedback Score
    foreground plants don't need much light ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ya.. I got a small tank too abt 1.5ft for keeping shrimp.. and I just add some moss and cover the whole of the tank bed...put the tank next to a windows.. and till today (aft 1 month)... the moss is growing and the shrimp are happy

Tank 1.5ft
    No light (use natural sunlight)
    Ehiem 2006 (small internal filter)
    Temp maintain at 26degree (cos' it air-con)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    you're in for some trouble mate. a tank should never be placed next or near a window. natural sunlight will eventually increase algae growth and you'll have a outbreak of algae. do you have any of those table lamps? if not you can use that as well. plants like java moss dun need much light. in fact, i used to keep some java moss without lights for a 2months and nothing happened.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Are there pictures.. don't see them.

Since you got natural sunlight, your plants will be ok (depending on what plants you have). As mentioned, a table lamp will do fine. Juz make sure it's a florescent table lamp. Those incandescent type will be too warm.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]