Country
    Singapore

A day at the bird park

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Some newbie shots

These were the best I could find from the magazines of photos my wife and I shot during a recent trip to the BP. Lots of room for improvement in phototaking skills and in PS processing skills.

Thanks to Benny for the 400mm and Gitzo loan. And for the encouragement.

I wish I had the patience to get a better background for this shot. As well as the time to have had the tripod set up. Mr Shoebill just stood there motionless, and Im sure a tripod setup would have gotten some crystal clear shots.

400mm really brings out the hair in a bird.

Will aim for better sharpness. I processed the colour of the plummage the way I liked, but the sky turned out just plain weird.

Better background is really needed here.

Elvira's flamy shots. I really like the idea of the composition for this one but somehow something is really lacking. I tried to intensify shadows to darken the background but the plummage looks way too over saturated....sigh

Would have been nice to have better clarity, I over sharpened it. And it would have been more complete if we had a third "S" in this pic.

Passport Portrait

Perhaps it was the cloudy afternoon which didnt allow me a fast enough shutter speed? I abstained from high ISO for fear of grain. Will "try" to wake up earlier next time....

Clarity is needed here. I feel that if I had captured the bird in better sharpness, it would stand out more from the bright sky. Also, might have been able to add on interesting texture to the pic if it was perched on a nice woody twig instead.

I like these 3 shots. But I might have been overly excited and blasted the colour satuaration a wee bit too much. Try as I might have, the darn feathers are in focus whereas the eyes are not! why...why...why?

Wait! That's not a bird!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ah... No wonder Benny has bird photos.
    Nice series and also a shiny black Wish.
    2nd picture is my favourite.
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey! Quite a productive day I see. The flamingos look lovely with quite a lot of details, but there are some areas that seem burnt. Also, some of the composition could be improved.

The Macaws are alway obliging to post for photographers. The second shot is quite good indeed. Details are visible and the lighter portion is not burnt out. Good exposure control.

Looks like as the day goes by, the pictures don't stay as sharp. Too tired from lugging the equipment around?

Should start exploring what flash can do for your pictures. It'll be fun.

Cheers,

p.s. I like that car! I have one too!
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice CAR !!!!

Can give me a ride the next time when you go to the Bird Park ?
    Last edited by benny; 3rd Jul 2007 at 19:39.