Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Help in identifying strange insect in tank

Help in identifying strange insect in tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi I have a small glass tank filled with moss, shrimps and one guppy on my desk. have noticed recently tiny insects swimming/crawling about inside. they are really really small like half a full stop to onw full stop size. anyone know what insect is this? they are white in colour. but can't see any more detail cuz they are really very small!

hi I have a small glass tank filled with moss, shrimps and one guppy on my desk. have noticed recently tiny insects swimming/crawling about inside. they are really really small like half a full stop to onw full stop size. anyone know what insect is this? they are white in colour. but can't see any more detail cuz they are really very small!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    could be copepods or ostracods
    might even be daphnia that came in on the moss
    your guppy should like them much
    try some smaller fish like mosquito rasboras, they'll vanish in no time

DEA: errr what's that in engrish har?? cope what?? [] sounds like discovery channel! well my guppy isn't eating them at all! maybe cuz he can't see them? actually I am only worried that they aren't the young of some fly that I might be unknowingly breeding in the tank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi all,

me got such encounter too... I saw tiny white "spot" moving quickly along the inside of my tank... not sure what inserct is that... it worry me at time if these inserct grow "bigger"...

however... this 2 days nvm see those tiny inserct anymore... maybe eaten by the fishes...

I suggest u get a SAE or OTO.. they might do the job and eat up those insect

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    don't worry about them
    they usually grow in newer tanks for some reason
    small fish will take them, i had some t. pumilis that spent their time looking for them
    incidentally mine were on the front glass too

thanx for all your advice!![:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

Maybe they are some water fleas?
    Coz I had them too in my office tank. I had a tank with nothing except for a small rock tied with Riccia. After a few weeks, I can see really small fleas swimming in them! Really dunno how did they come about, so I just wash up my small tank all was gone!