Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Treatment 4 Hole in the Head(Hexamita)

Feedback Score

Treatment 4 Hole in the Head(Hexamita)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Just to share on the treatment for the above.

2 weeks ago my 8" Front got ulcer on the forehead just above the eye. After a week of medic, water change with salt N Melafix few days later, the eye bulges N white stuff (looks like fungus infection) was sprouting fr the hole which was now a 12mmx3mm gash. It has gotten worst.

I was at loss after reading fr a few website that death was eminent for my beloved fish. Not giving up I comb some of the prominient LFS for other medication N it was by chance I found HEXA-Ex tablet from ZMF a German company. After 1 cycle (5days), the gash sealed N the popping eye has subsided. My front is now recuperating N taking food. I'm keeping my fingers X.

I bought the tablets fr C328-Clementi Ave 2 N Superstar Aquarium-Pasir Ris Downtown East. A pack of 6 tablet cost $13-$14. Its exp but U have to weigh whether it's worth the $. In my case a new front this size cost a few hundred $ N this is my favo fish.

I hope this helps for those who face the same problem.

Feedback Score

Hi all,

2 weeks ago my 8" Front got ulcer on the forehead just above the eye. After a week of medic, water change with salt N Melafix few days later, the eye bulges N white stuff (looks like fungus infection) was sprouting fr the hole which was now a 12mmx3mm gash. It has gotten worst.

I was at loss after reading fr a few website that death was eminent for my beloved fish. Not giving up I comb some of the prominient LFS for other medication N it was by chance I found HEXA-Ex tablet from ZMF a German company. After 1 cycle (5days), the gash sealed N the popping eye has subsided. My front is now recuperating N taking food. I'm keeping my fingers X.

I bought the tablets fr C328-Clementi Ave 2 N Superstar Aquarium-Pasir Ris Downtown East. A pack of 6 tablet cost $13-$14. Its exp but U have to weigh whether it's worth the $. In my case a new front this size cost a few hundred $ N this is my favo fish.

Feedback Score

Hi all,

Feedback Score

Hi all,

Feedback Score
    thks! at least i now know how my ram died!

ken

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for sharing!

I will also like to mention that besided being partially protozoan (which the hexamita is), they are also due to system bacterial infection too. There is much talk abt how to determine if it is due to one of the above reasons or both..

It is highly contagious.

One important step to ensure future outbreak is to minimise stress of the fish. THe stress can come from bad water quality, inappropriate diet..etc. THese are the things we can control.