Images
    Country
    Singapore

ammonia poisoning?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i bought 20 neon tetras and added them into my 2ft tank on thrus. in a haste i forgot about the overload of the nitrogen cycle and hoped that it wouldnt be that serious.
    yesterday i saw one neon gasping for air on the surface, next my sae dies. today, another neon to the dead list.
    i immdiately took a NH3 test and it showed nothing. i didnt feed them yesterday as a safety measure. my conclusion is that the bioload is overloaded and it may have excess No2 in the tank now. i did a 20% water change. what should i do next......?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ammonia poisoning?

i bought 20 neon tetras and added them into my 2ft tank on thrus. in a haste i forgot about the overload of the nitrogen cycle and hoped that it wouldnt be that serious.
    yesterday i saw one neon gasping for air on the surface, next my sae dies. today, another neon to the dead list.
    i immdiately took a NH3 test and it showed nothing. i didnt feed them yesterday as a safety measure. my conclusion is that the bioload is overloaded and it may have excess No2 in the tank now. i did a 20% water change. what should i do next......?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ammonia poisoning?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ammonia poisoning?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    add an airpump and some salt
    with ammonia at zero, it's either nitrite poisoning or insufficient oxygen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 9/15/2002 7:39:30 PM

add an airpump and some salt
    with ammonia at zero, it's either nitrite poisoning or insufficient oxygen
    ----------------
    will these happen to a planted tank?
    cos' sometime I see most of my fishes go to the surface for air too

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Is your CO2 pressurized system or DIY? "On" for 24hrs??? Possible overdose of CO2 perharps. Take pH and KH readings and verify.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 9/15/2002 9:01:42 PM

Is your CO2 pressurized system or DIY? "On" for 24hrs??? Possible overdose of CO2 perharps. Take pH and KH readings and verify.
    ----------------
    sorry.. new to KH.. so what should be the safe KH level?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    KH value is actually a buffering value of your water so as to prevent pH crash when injecting CO2. Recommended values are 4-6 dKH. If KH is too low you can increase it by adding KH plus solution or powder (Increase no more than 2 per day). Refer to the following link to find the proper CO2 level ... http://www.dennerle.de/ENGLISCH/e_frameset.htm
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 9/15/2002 9:55:24 PM

KH value is actually a buffering value of your water so as to prevent pH crash when injecting CO2. Recommended values are 4-6 dKH. If KH is too low you can increase it by adding KH plus solution or powder (Increase no more than 2 per day). Refer to the following link to find the proper CO2 level ... http://www.dennerle.de/ENGLISCH/e_frameset.htm
    ----------------
    Thanks Peter,

know where to get a good PH and KH tester (i refer to those that use strip)
    which brand is good? today me at Petmart.. looking at these stiff till I blur blur[] dunno which one to buy?

is there any ALL-IN-ONE Tester?