Thread: 'Good Buddy' fish

Feedback Score

'Good Buddy' fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

anyone can tell me what this type of fish is? I bought 4 of them (should be 2 males, 2 females cos I choose 2 bright color and 2 dull looking ones). I think they are quite young cos they are abt 1.5cm long only. The males display reddish body with some reddish black stripes. Looks abit like miniature gourami and miniature cichlid.

If can identify, can tell me how to care for them? Bought them on an impulse cos really very nice looking. (Looks abit like those rams sold in sam yick.)
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score

'Good Buddy' fish

Hi,

anyone can tell me what this type of fish is? I bought 4 of them (should be 2 males, 2 females cos I choose 2 bright color and 2 dull looking ones). I think they are quite young cos they are abt 1.5cm long only. The males display reddish body with some reddish black stripes. Looks abit like miniature gourami and miniature cichlid.

If can identify, can tell me how to care for them? Bought them on an impulse cos really very nice looking. (Looks abit like those rams sold in sam yick.)
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score

'Good Buddy' fish

Hi,

Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score

'Good Buddy' fish

Hi,

Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the proper name for the fish is Badis badis. Search the fishkeeping forum. There's all the info in here already.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    r u referring to badis badis?

Feedback Score
    ya. I went search for the thread Budah was refering to and went to see the links inside. It's the fish I'm having now. Thanks guys.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I am still keeping the Badis Badis, but somehow I am starting to find it a boring fish. It just dun swims around. Just always stays in position.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ninjafly, they just hang around and "act cool", right?[:0] that's one reason why i don't have badis.[] not unless you like to see red "stars" in your tank.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ninjafly, my badis badis actually patrol the whole tank. the male is always displaying to the females in the tank. give them more hiding places and they will be more active.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.