Country
    Singapore

Urgent Help pls.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    okay...this is what happened...
    for some unknown reason, one of my precious altums seems to have acquired some kind of disease 2 weeks ago. Its mouth became slightly inflamed and there is some whitish growth on it like a tumour. Becos of my phobia of using any medication to treat my fishes, i decided to leave it alone.

At first, its condition improved and the whitish growths disappeared..but the mouth is still slightly bulging. It feeds normally for the past week. However, for the past two days. it stopped feeding. For the worse, it starts hovering about the water surface today and i noticed some sores on the mouth again. The rest of the altums are not affected though.

Help me please....and what can i do to save my oldest altum which i have kept for 1+ year....i really need some urgent diagnose and medication help from someone.

Thanks a lot.
    []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Urgent Help pls.

for some unknown reason, one of my precious altums seems to have acquired some kind of disease 2 weeks ago. Its mouth became slightly inflamed and there is some whitish growth on it like a tumour. Becos of my phobia of using any medication to treat my fishes, i decided to leave it alone.

At first, its condition improved and the whitish growths disappeared..but the mouth is still slightly bulging. It feeds normally for the past week. However, for the past two days. it stopped feeding. For the worse, it starts hovering about the water surface today and i noticed some sores on the mouth again. The rest of the altums are not affected though.

Help me please....and what can i do to save my oldest altum which i have kept for 1+ year....i really need some urgent diagnose and medication help from someone.

Thanks a lot.
    []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Urgent Help pls.

Thanks a lot.
    []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Urgent Help pls.

Thanks a lot.
    []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    at first i thought it was fungus
    but from your second part it's more likely to be a simple bacterial infection
    what is worrying is that it can recover a little and succumb later
    i would suggest a water change, and add some antibiotics
    i think interpet makes some good antibacterial solution, you might want to try that

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    haiz...
    i have onli myself to blame....it's too late.
    It just died.