Country
    Singapore

Seachem Flourish Trace in EI dosing

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I've just started dosing ferts for my 4x2x2 tank and am trying to go with the EI regime to negate the need for constant testing of my water. At the moment, I have no issues with the macro ferts (i'm using 1.5tsp of KNO3 and 0.5tsp of KH2PO4 3 times a weel), at least until i introduce my fauna in (i have a rather high bioload so i'll probably have to cut down on KNO3).

my question now has to do with the trace ferts i'm using, which is Seachem Flourish Trace. the EI regime recommends 30ml of trace ferts 3 times a week, but it's based on Plantex trace fertilizers. would users of Seachem Flourish Trace follow the same dosage, or do i need to change it due to the use of a different trace mixture.

also, i've noticed that Seachem Flourish Trace does not have iron in it, and i've read that iron is good especially for red leaved plants, of which i do have a few. I have a liquid fertilizer called Leaf Zone which states on the bottle that it provides Potassium and Iron. Could i enquire how do i go about calculating the amount of this Leaf Zone to fit into my EI regime, and would the extra K added in with the iron cause me algae problems?

Thanks for your time in reading this and helping me out

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

Could you let me know where to get the KNO3 and KH2PO4? What brand are you using? I read in another thread Lushgro for both.

Regards,
    SC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My intended fert regime is as follows (50% Water change is on saturday):

KNO3: Saturday, Monday, Wednesday - 1.5 teaspoons (may reduce to 0.5 or 1 teaspoon after fauna goes in)
    KH2PO4: Saturday, Monday, Wednesday - 0.5 teaspoons

Seachem Flourish Trace: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday - 5 capfuls (25ml)
    Leaf Zone (K and Fe): Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday - 3 capfuls (15ml)

Recommended dosage of Leaf Zone for my tank is 50ml a week, so i'm 5ml short of the recommended dosage.

Would this be a good regime for my tank?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by s1c1lee View Post
    Hi,

Could you let me know where to get the KNO3 and KH2PO4? What brand are you using? I read in another thread Lushgro for both.

Regards,
    SC
    hi SC...you can get lushgro KNO3 N KH2PO4 at NA(Thomson Road)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    In EI, the trace mentioned is not really the Flourish Trace. Rather, it is the Seachem Fluorish.

Just go 3x 1capful of Flourish. Then you can add the Leaf zone (whatever that is) together. Just go for 1capful. Don't be too bothered with the missing 5ml.

That's about EI. Everything is agaration, that why it is called Estimation Index. You don't need to be accurate in anything. And overdose of potassium wouldn't give you algae problems.
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just a quick question on EI dosing tagged to this thread...EI recommended 0.5 teaspoons of KH2PO4 for my 4x2x2 tank (420l). this gives me 4ppm of PO4 every dose, but the recommended dosage for PO4 i've read from other threads is 2ppm per dose...will following the EI dosage give me problems, or should i halve the amount of KH2PO4 before it's too late?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    upz for this post, hoping for an answer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Other than wasting the chemical, there really isn't much issue with a bit of overdosing with KH2PO4.

Regards,
    Peter Gwee
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for your reply PeterGwee