Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Care to share different techniques of setting correct CO2 l

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Experts out there!! Care to share the techniques of setting the correct amount of CO2 in a planted tank...(Step by step would be best!) Last time vinz enlightened me on this but i still have some doubts..
    []

- Set your CO2 to bubble at maybe 10 to 20 bubbles every 10 seconds. For a large tank, more, small tank, less.
    - Measure your pH with a test kit on the next day, about 2 to 3 hours after lights and CO2 come on.
    - Adjust the CO2 bubbling accordingly. Increase bubbling to lower pH and vice versa.
    - Repeat measure and adjust until satisfied.

With the above details in mind, let's say i aim for a pH of 6.8 as my KH is now 3. But after 2-3hrs of injecting CO2 my pH is 6.9...do i increase the amount of bubbling? <--- asking this stupid question as i found that if i wait longer, the pH will continue to drop until a time it is below 6.8 and worst keep dropping slowly like it will never stop!!! (Really wonder if it will stablise at a certain pH) So how long do you guys take to judge and decide enough is enough???
    [] Thanks alot !!
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Experts out there!! Care to share the techniques of setting the correct amount of CO2 in a planted tank...(Step by step would be best!) Last time vinz enlightened me on this but i still have some doubts..
    []

- Set your CO2 to bubble at maybe 10 to 20 bubbles every 10 seconds. For a large tank, more, small tank, less.
    - Measure your pH with a test kit on the next day, about 2 to 3 hours after lights and CO2 come on.
    - Adjust the CO2 bubbling accordingly. Increase bubbling to lower pH and vice versa.

With the above details in mind, let's say i aim for a pH of 6.8 as my KH is now 3. But after 2-3hrs of injecting CO2 my pH is 6.9...do i increase the amount of bubbling? <--- asking this stupid question as i found that if i wait longer, the pH will continue to drop until a time it is below 6.8 and worst keep dropping slowly like it will never stop!!! (Really wonder if it will stablise at a certain pH) So how long do you guys take to judge and decide enough is enough???
    [] Thanks alot !!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

[]

[] Thanks alot !!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

[]

[] Thanks alot !!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    KH buffers your pH. The higher the KH, the less the pH will change due to CO2 injection. Recommended KH range is 4 to 6.

Measure the pH before the CO2 is turned off which is the time when CO2 levels are max and pH is min. Target that to be 6.8pH
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha...Got it! Thanks man! How's the dragon doing? []