Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: diy c02 alternate

Feedback Score

diy c02 alternate

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hey , ive just tried this version of c02 production (friend thought me) using rice instead of sugar! cos fermentation can proceed using either glucose(suger), carbohydrates(rice) or starch( i think) ...with the zimase enzyme from yeast...so
    c02 comes out alot, around 1per 2 seconds.... until now havent stop, a week liao...looks quite good for me... anyone tried this b4? use dry rice. this is how chinese make rice wine... really..
    it stinks, though...

Feedback Score

diy c02 alternate

hey , ive just tried this version of c02 production (friend thought me) using rice instead of sugar! cos fermentation can proceed using either glucose(suger), carbohydrates(rice) or starch( i think) ...with the zimase enzyme from yeast...so
    c02 comes out alot, around 1per 2 seconds.... until now havent stop, a week liao...looks quite good for me... anyone tried this b4? use dry rice. this is how chinese make rice wine... really..
    it stinks, though...

Feedback Score

diy c02 alternate

it stinks, though...

Feedback Score

diy c02 alternate

it stinks, though...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah, it works
    but like you say, it stinks and might not be as efficient (even tho it will probably run longer)
    i remember that one guy suggested using jelly to dissolve the sugar and add the yeast on top of it
    the gel will control the rate of fermentation by limiting the sugar (basically carbo) available to it
    in fact, the dennerle co30 co2 set is using gel

Feedback Score
    jason

would you care to share the recipe.might want to give it a try.thks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ya, I've tried using glucose, work as well as sugar, 2cups to 4 cups of water + pinch of yeast.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    Understand that friends come and go,
    but with a precious few you can hold on.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

Feedback Score
    just replace the suger with yeast,..addwarm water as usual, so that it can dissolve properly

Feedback Score
    btw, the yeast, wat kinda yeast is it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    baking yeast works fine
    some people say wine yeast works for a longer yield as they survive in high proof alcohol

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    actually it was agar... dissolves slower than jelly.. i tihnk jelly works too..
    anyway.. you were right.. don't bother with the gel.. sugar and water works just as well...