Thread: Rummy-nose diseased

Feedback Score

Rummy-nose diseased

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

my rummy-nose currently are suffering from a sort of white spot, then my friend said that it's more likely to be ich cos some RN had it spreaded to the whole body. Quite serious nmow and 2 died. I quarantined the rest and put Befuran but still not working.

The main tank now got white spot breakout but under control after I put Befuran. Vey puzzled cos they were ok when I bought them 2 weeks ago. But sudden breakout. I quarantined all my fishes b4 putting in but puzzled y they still got disease. Is there a possibilty that some fish are carriers? How to cure them? So upset seeing them now like tat.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score

Rummy-nose diseased

Hi,

my rummy-nose currently are suffering from a sort of white spot, then my friend said that it's more likely to be ich cos some RN had it spreaded to the whole body. Quite serious nmow and 2 died. I quarantined the rest and put Befuran but still not working.

The main tank now got white spot breakout but under control after I put Befuran. Vey puzzled cos they were ok when I bought them 2 weeks ago. But sudden breakout. I quarantined all my fishes b4 putting in but puzzled y they still got disease. Is there a possibilty that some fish are carriers? How to cure them? So upset seeing them now like tat.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score

Rummy-nose diseased

Hi,

Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score

Rummy-nose diseased

Hi,

Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I find salt bath very effective and with minimal side effect. Besides, you can add to main tank without moving the fishes, so it will minimise stress on your fishes.

1 table spoon of salt for 5 gallon (imperial, i believe) or about 20 litres of water. maintain for about 2 weeks. normal water changes, but must top up the salt when fresh water is added. Anyone got anything to add or correct?

You can search the site for the many threads on salt treatment.

After reading what the many experts have posted on this website, i understand that whitespot can be present in your tank without breaking out until some thing goes wrong with your tank, e.g. changes in your water perimeters. I guess that means that some fishes may be carriers when you place them into your tank, but it was not obvious to you because there is no massive breakout.

Good luck on your treatment

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    uhm
    yeah
    wat he said []
    i suggest you don't panic too quickly
    frequent water changes at this stage + vacuuming of the substrate can slow down the disease by reducing the number of infective parasites in the tank
    ich is normally not deadly, but when the tank is a closed system the fish get reinfected over and over again
    ideally you should use salt at the recommended dose to wipe ich out once and for all
    1 wk should do it

Feedback Score
    thanks all. I used Befuran for treatment on my quarantine and main tank. Only 5 rummy-nose recovered and 5 of them are dead. I considered them recovered fully after 1 week of quarantine. Actually they recover 3 days ago but I only put them back in the main tank after I observed that they dun haf further breakouts for 3 days. Now all my fishes are together! Too bad abt the casualty.
    Regards,
    Brigitte