Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: remedies.

Feedback Score

remedies.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Any recommendations on which brand of fish medicine to buy. There are too many brands out there. Recently, a few of my cardinal tetras have some cottony growth on its bodies. I am wondering which brand of medicine is more reliable. I wanted to separate the fishes, but it is kind of difficult to net it when I have plants and they go into hiding.

I am also having some snail growth in my tank. I can see that it is growing rapidly. Although I discover that they only come out to feed when the lights are off, it is still quite alarming as there are definitle more than 30 of them.

Currently I have a puffer in the tank, I used to have 3, but I found them biting my Yamatos legs, so I decided to remove the other two puffer. Any advise on what I should do.

should I reintroduce puffer or use the Anti-snail solution?

Feedback Score

remedies.

Any recommendations on which brand of fish medicine to buy. There are too many brands out there. Recently, a few of my cardinal tetras have some cottony growth on its bodies. I am wondering which brand of medicine is more reliable. I wanted to separate the fishes, but it is kind of difficult to net it when I have plants and they go into hiding.

I am also having some snail growth in my tank. I can see that it is growing rapidly. Although I discover that they only come out to feed when the lights are off, it is still quite alarming as there are definitle more than 30 of them.

Currently I have a puffer in the tank, I used to have 3, but I found them biting my Yamatos legs, so I decided to remove the other two puffer. Any advise on what I should do.

Feedback Score

remedies.

Feedback Score

remedies.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Regarding the white cotton stuff on your fish..I think it is fungus. I'm not very sure the effectiveness of salt on fungus but may ask some other experts like "Salt King" <---DEA...or find medication that states that it will not harm plants. Try not to remove the sick fish as it will stress it to death since it is already in a weaken state. As for the snails...best is you remove it by hand to reduce the population as much as possible. The thought of re-introducing puffer fish is tempting but may be disastrous as it might just pick on your already sick fish instead of the snail. Heard that Rams have know to pick on snails but mine never touch them at all..
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the cotton like thingy is fungus like wat peter pointed out... refer to DEA, our medicine man

as for yr puffer prob, u only need 1 to clear the snails... they become more aggressive in a pack.. if he is still doing off yr shrimps.. i suggestion remove him and either remove the snails manually or add a clown loach/dwarf cichlid in

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    change your water regularly
    i've not seen fungus ever since my water stabilised

my first impression is that you're overfeeding, leading to leftover food which causes poor water conditions and a profusion of snails
    how much are you feeding, and what?